PDA

View Full Version : More Kudos>>Wolfcraft this time!

John Miliunas
01-25-2005, 6:45 PM
Seems we're running a pretty good string of positive Customer Service reports lately. This is a GOOD thing! This one is for Wolfcraft. You know...They're the ones who have assorted WW accessories and such.

Well, for some time now, I've wanted to replace a couple of my roller stands in the shop. I have the ones with the single roller on the stand and find that trying to properly orient them to go in the intended direction is a pain, particularly, when feeding into the TS. One of our local Borg's had the Wolfcraft Tri-Function stands on sale. These are the ones where the head can be rotated for just a fixed stand, a single wide roller or the caster rollers (line of 8), which are non-directional. I bought two stands, brought them home and quickly found that the rollers did not spin very freely. On one stand, two were virtually solid and one on the other. I dropped Wolfcraft Customer Support an email indicating the problem I had. In the meantime, I went back to the stands figuring I wouldn't hear from them and intended on taking good rollers from one and moving them to the other to hopefully make one good one. Then I'd take the other one back. Wrong answer. I found that MOST of the rollers, albeit maybe not locked solid, would only roll a little ways and then stop. I packed them back up, grabbed the receipt and put them in my car to return on Monday. Monday comes and there's an email from a CS rep (Kathy) from Wolfcraft! She said she'd be happy to send out three replacement casters. I replied, basically telling her the above, plus figuring any replacements would be more of the same. She then offered to replace ALL 16 of them!!!:eek: I figured, "Well, she's willing to try, so am I." That's what I reported back to her and, after getting my address, she said she'd hand-pick two sets and send them out UPS. This was yesterday. Today, I get home from work and here sits a package from Wolfcraft! I check them out and all the casters appear to roll real nicely. I swapped them on to the stands and I'm good to go! They all roll great!:) Hats off to Kathy and Wolfcraft! Now, if we could just get the rest of the OEM's and vendors we deal with to be as responsible!:) :cool:

Steve Clardy
01-25-2005, 7:23 PM
Nice. Sounds like super service. Not familiar with this WOLFCRAFT. Website??

John Miliunas
01-25-2005, 7:51 PM
Nice. Sounds like super service. Not familiar with this WOLFCRAFT. Website??
Yep, they do. http://www.wolfcraft.com/main.cfm It's not high-end stuff and I think more geared for the homeowner/occassional hobbyist, but they do have some handy stuff.:)

Not affiliated...Just a happy customer!:) :cool:

Steve Clardy
01-25-2005, 9:05 PM
Thanks John. Appreciate it!!

Dale Thompson
01-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Hey Spring,
With your money, I thought that all of your tools had "jeweled" movements like the old Swiss watches. ;) Why would you ever need "replacements"?

OK - So you do some "slumming". :) Maybe you sneaked into my last garage sale where I was selling my "older" kids so that I could afford to buy milk for my "babies". :( :( With all of your disguises, I could never recognize you. :cool: :D

Next time that you visit, why don't you say, "Hello"? I've got tons of "scrap" that I could give you for nothing. :cool: :)

Dale T.

Jim Dunn
01-26-2005, 7:28 AM
I got a set of their 6" clamps as a bonus when I bought a Bosch jig saw. Use them all the time. I'm not intentionally hard on them but find that they have performed above and beyond the call of duty.

Jim

John Miliunas
01-26-2005, 7:41 AM
Hey Spring,
With your money, I thought that all of your tools had "jeweled" movements like the old Swiss watches. Why would you ever need "replacements"?

OK - So you do some "slumming". Maybe you sneaked into my last garage sale where I was selling my "older" kids so that I could afford to buy milk for my "babies". With all of your disguises, I could never recognize you. :cool: :D

Next time that you visit, why don't you say, "Hello"? I've got tons of "scrap" that I could give you for nothing. :cool: :)

Dale T.
Hey Dale, just let me know when you're scrappin' out that gold lathe of yours!!!:D And don't talk to ME about slummin'....You're the only guy I know who changes into his "old" tuxedo to do yard work!:D :) :cool:

Kelly C. Hanna
01-26-2005, 7:52 AM
Good customer service is always nice to hear about...thanks for letting us know. I used to have one of their router tables that fits on a tabletop...used to take it on the job with me from time to time.

James Carmichael
01-26-2005, 3:49 PM
I love my WolfCraft quickjaw clamps (same style as Irwin Quickgrips). I bought some from the BORG a few years back when they still carried them and were 1/2 the price of QuickGrips. Now, you have to go to the no-value-added-retailer (aka Sears) to find them and they're the same price as the Irwins.