PDA

View Full Version : grizzley table saw challenge

Gene Tereba
03-20-2011, 9:31 AM
have a new grizzley hybrid the polar bear, that is a pretty good saw. however, I have been having problems aligning the blade to slots, off by 10/1000 of inch and not satisfied. Tried adjusting as recommended, ie, loosening bolts and trying to adjust but just wont line up correctly. front seems locked down. spoke with CS at Grizzley and says it should just slide on front and back but just cannot get corrected.

any thoughts?

david brum
03-20-2011, 9:49 AM
You could see if the trunnion is interfering with the ribs on the table. I had to grind a tiny bit off of one of the surfaces (I think the trunnion) to get my table aligned. It was driving my nuts until I figured it out. If you take the table off, make sure you don't lose any alignment shims. They are C shaped spacers which slide between the table and cabinet, just under the corner bolts.

scott spencer
03-20-2011, 9:59 AM
You might even need to bore the holes of the trunnion bracket out a little to create some extra wiggle room, but before you do, did you try moving both ends?

glenn bradley
03-20-2011, 4:28 PM
I don't have a table mounted trunnion machine any more but, when I did . . .

- Take your blade off.
- Loosen all trunnion bolts a bit.
- Slide the entire trunnion (all mounting points) to the extreme one way or the other (I slide it to where I leave myself as much room as possible to reach in and remove the arbor nut).
- snug one "corner" position to act as a pivot and adjust from there.

If this will not bring you into alignment you could start from the extreme other side as a first attempt at a resolution. If you still can't get there, find that "thingy" (hole size, casting flash, whatever) that is preventing adequate movement and take care of that.

Gene Tereba
03-20-2011, 5:39 PM
david...could you expound a bit? was this a trunnion mounted and bolted to table top (as mine is)?

I have a feeling something is misaligned with the trunnions. the front pair look not plumb and the front wont move at all.

Gene Tereba
03-20-2011, 5:41 PM
thanks all....but the front trunnion doesnt move left or right. it even kind of looks not plumb (straight up and down). wonder if was shoved in there and just bolted. couple shims in trunnions from factory and somehow that just doesnt seem right