PDA

View Full Version : Building a router table top....

Kevin W Johnson
03-20-2011, 3:41 AM
Well, I'm nearing completion of my router table. It's constructed of two 3/4" layers of MDF, and topped/edged with Corian. I need to give a good final polish, and finish the router plate, otherwise its done. I'm still trying to decide on the fence. I'm contemplating making it out of Corian as well, though part of me wants to use some sort of high quality plywood just for the sake of ease. Finished dimension is 23.5" x 35.5" x 2" thick.

John Fabre
03-20-2011, 4:03 AM
Nice job, I thought I did a good job on mine. I went with a Jessem fence, the older one.

Dave Gaul
03-20-2011, 6:55 AM
That is one nice top! How about a corian fence with an adjustable/replaceable plywood sub-fence?

Mike Mastin
03-20-2011, 7:06 AM
Now that is an inspiration for me to redo my old and tired router table top! Looks to good for my shop :) I agree with a previous poster, Corian fence with wood sub face that splits to allow you to adjust the opening around your router bits. Very well done.

glenn bradley
03-20-2011, 9:24 AM
Very cool top. That is a real looker.

gary Zimmel
03-20-2011, 10:01 AM
You've got to love shop furniture... Real nice looking top Kevin.

Kevin W Johnson
03-24-2011, 6:51 PM
Thanks guys. Now if i can finish up on my dust collection project, i can get started on the fence for my table. I'm having to add on a small section to the outside of the shop to house the dust collector. I simply dont have the room to keep in the main part of the shop. I'm hoping to have a filtered return to allow the air to return to the shop, otherwise i'll lose my heat in winter. Its certainly a challenge only having a 12' x 20' shop, with a 6' x 20' add on. The addon doubles as tool, wood, and misc storage and the stuff for our pool as well as patio furniture in the winter.

Matt Gillam
03-27-2011, 6:44 PM
great looking top! How did you affix the corian to the MDF? I have a 24X24" piece and don't know how to add the corian to the mdf.
\
Matt