PDA

View Full Version : My First Cover/Poster... thingy.

Jon Lanier
03-19-2011, 8:54 PM
I did my first turning demo today at Montpelier Mansion near Washington, D.C. It was a lot of fun and I was not as nervous as I thought I would be. Our club also has an exhibition going on inside the Mansion for those touring through. Some really nice pieces in the group of 81. Another member (Allen Alexopulos) and very good turner and I were together for this demo.

I got a great/fun surprise. Two of my pieces/pics made the poster, flier and brochure. Mine are the Toothpick holder on the left and on the right Spalted Maple bowl.

Alex in in the green professional turning coat. I'm in the gray where you can only see the hands.

John Keeton
03-19-2011, 9:07 PM
Jon, congrats on the publicity!! And, nice looking turnings, to boot! BTW, the young, handsome guy doing the work on the lathe sure looks professional.;):D

Jon Lanier
03-19-2011, 9:20 PM
John, thank you. I didn't realize that I left off the 'Who is who.' (I edited the original) But Alex is the handsome professional looking one (if you didn't know). I'm in the one where you can only see the hands working the walnut.

Cathy Schaewe
03-19-2011, 10:00 PM
It's always nice to get that kind of positive reaction - congrats!

Baxter Smith
03-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Congrats Jon! You have made the "big time"!