PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else received an unsolidited "Life Wireless" cell phone in their mailbox?

Louis Brandt
03-19-2011, 5:53 PM
Hello,

The other day, we received (totally unsolicited), a cellphone from a company called "Life Wireless". I immediately gave it back to the postman to return to sender, but I'm wondering whether anyone else has received one of these.

I'm sure that I'm like most of you and don't appreciate anyone sending me something that I didn't order, in order to get me to subscribe to something.

Have any of you heard of this or received one?

Louis

Myk Rian
03-19-2011, 6:31 PM
You could have donated it for 911 services for a senior citizen. If you didn't order it, it's free.

Louis Brandt
03-19-2011, 7:32 PM
You could have donated it for 911 services for a senior citizen. If you didn't order it, it's free.

The phone may have been free, but the subscription to the cell phone service wasn't free. The box contained a pamphlet indicating the monthly charges/minutes used. I didn't want it and didn't appreciate the company sending it to me.

Dan Friedrichs
03-19-2011, 9:51 PM
You don't have to pay for the subscription. As Myk said, anything a company sends you unsolicited is free. If you really wanted to get back at the company, you could have thrown the phone away - now they'll probably just send it to someone else :)

Louis Brandt
03-19-2011, 10:13 PM
You're right, of course. But I just wanted to mail it back to them to show them what I thought of their company. I doubt that they get many mailed back to them.

Bruce Page
03-19-2011, 10:14 PM
I’m sure there was some sort of activation process if you were gullible enough to activate, at which point you’d be liable for the bill.

Louis Brandt
03-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I’m sure there was some sort of activation process if you were gullible enough to activate, at which point you’d be liable for the bill.

You're probably right. There was a phone number included in the pamphlet, but my guess was that if I called the number, I'd be activating the subscription, so I didn't.