PDA

View Full Version : any use for Emerson 113 table saw in zillion pieces

Chuck Radgowski
03-18-2011, 3:23 PM
My brother took apart an old sears Emerson table saw ALL APART then lost interest and gave it to me - - it is going to the metal recycling next week unless someone can think of a use for it - - no motor. I was going to hang on to the cast iron table top but really can not think of a use for it - - any one need any spare parts?

Mike Schuch
03-18-2011, 3:39 PM
I would post on OWWM.org

I am sure someone over there will be looking for this or that piece.

Cast iron top - Router table?

Chuck Radgowski
03-19-2011, 5:56 PM
So far no luck and there is webbing reinforcement and bolt holes for the trunnion under the cast iron table so router table is out. Seems a shame to scrap it out.

scott spencer
03-19-2011, 9:25 PM
I've bought and resold several as parts. Throat inserts, handwheels, motor mount, blade guard, leg stand, wings, miter gauge, switch, etc, all have some value. Check Ebay for their approximate value. The top and guts tend to be cost prohibitive to ship.

Jim Rimmer
03-19-2011, 9:33 PM
I converted an old C'man to a router table. The webbing does make it difficult but if you have a friend who is a machinist and will work cheap or free, it can be done.

Jim O'Dell
03-19-2011, 9:59 PM
Do the miter tracks match your current TS? If so, you could use the top as an extension table out the back. Most likely won't line up, but worth a look see. Jim.

Rob Sack
03-20-2011, 2:14 AM
PM sent yesterday

Adam Ricker
04-30-2011, 4:50 PM
Do you still have any parts to that emerson table saw? I am looking for a throat plate.

Troy Turner
04-30-2011, 9:46 PM
Chuck -

If you're in to it, I'd put them on an auction website. Bought a few parts for my older craftsman one there.

Adam Ricker
05-06-2011, 1:26 PM
Do you still have this saw? I am looking for parts.

Chuck Radgowski
01-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Well it took almost a year but Jim had the best idea the miter tracks lined up so I built a stand with rollers and it makes a wonderful outfeed table. So I have another emerson question the blade raising and lowering is very stiff I have lubed what I could see were friction points and the threaded shaft but still very stiff has anyone installed a bigger wheel to get more leverage?

PS. I have decided to keep all the other parts as spares - - Eagle America carries zero clearance throat plates for some emerson/sears saws

Myk Rian
01-17-2012, 12:20 PM
A bigger wheel will just allow more damage to be done easier.
Find out what the problem is.