PDA

View Full Version : The $100 project

Roy Lindberry
03-17-2011, 7:08 PM
I recently completed this box for a friend, who requested it to hold $100 bills. I machined the pieces for thickness and ripped the mahogany on the lid with the table saw, but other than that, this is all neander.

My dovetails are getting better, but they still need work. These are the first dovetails I've done outside of single joint, practice dovetails.

It's just maple and mahogany with danish oil, followed by tung oil.

Pat Barry
03-17-2011, 7:21 PM
Could you please PM me with your friends address?

Jim Neeley
03-17-2011, 7:51 PM
Roy,

Did you charge him by the inch-depth of the box? That way the more $100's he wants to store inside, the more he pays!! <g>

Jim

Roy Lindberry
03-17-2011, 8:00 PM
Roy,

Did you charge him by the inch-depth of the box? That way the more $100's he wants to store inside, the more he pays!! <g>

Jim

No, but I should have :D

I'm thinking of making one for myself now. Only for ones instead.

Jim Koepke
03-17-2011, 8:32 PM
I'm thinking of making one for myself now. Only for ones instead.

One size fits all?

jtk

Steve Friedman
03-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I tend to put my stacks of $100s in less conspicuous containers. Actually, I think the concept is hilarious, but mine would have a $100 bill sitting on top of a bunch of singles. Who can tell?

Steve

Roy Lindberry
03-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I tend to put my stacks of $100s in less conspicuous containers.

I tend not to let my hundreds build up enough to even have stacks. That way I don't have to worry about what to do with them.

It wouldn't work for me anyway, because Lie-Neilsen would have it all before it could stack up.

Actually, I think the concept is hilarious, but mine would have a $100 bill sitting on top of a bunch of singles. Who can tell?

Steve

Well, in that picture, it is one $100 on top of a $5, a $10, and few $1s which are on top of a block of pine. I couldn't afford to do a "true" photo shoot.

Interestingly, we talked about doing it as a dispenser, kind of like a Kleenex box, but then decided it would be to much work to fold the bills correctly. It is really more a joke than anything. The guy isn't rich by any means, but just thought it would be cool to have a box. I guess it's kind of a grown up piggy bank. If he puts a Benjamin in every time he gets the chance, then he'll have quite a savings.

Who knows what people are thinking? I've known him for years and still don't know the point of this.

Dan Andrews
03-18-2011, 5:16 AM
Maybe you could make these boxes to sell to panhandlers in the upscale part of town:D

Actually a very nice box.

Zach England
03-18-2011, 8:34 AM
What is the APY on the box?