PDA

View Full Version : You know you gottit bad when...

Ron Stadler
03-17-2011, 6:39 PM
Well you know your messed up in the head when your girlfriend/wife to pull over and you throw to huge chunks of white Oak logs in her back seat:D, lol, she(agent) and I went to show a house to my future mother-n-law and Father-n-law that they want to buy and I saw some big chunks of white Oak at one of the neighborhood homes in the subdivision we were in, well couldn't resist the temptation and had her drive me over to ask if they were getting rid of it. The man told me he was gonna chop it up for firewood but would be glad to give me a few chunks, ye ha, this wasn't such a bad trip after all, he he. Anyway guess I got to clean out the back of my girlfriends car now.:(

But what I was really writing this post about was what a difference white oak smells from red oak, at least the pin oak I had, it(pin oak) smelled like puke and the white oak smells great!! Well I got it all chopped up and waxed so looking forward to some green turning for awhile.:)

Steve Schlumpf
03-17-2011, 6:51 PM
You know... a couple of photos of the wood while still in your girlfriend's car would have really added a lot to the story! Maybe next time!

Congrats on the wood!

Darren Jamieson
03-17-2011, 7:47 PM
Throw it back in and take a quick picture when she isn't looking:)

John Keeton
03-17-2011, 7:58 PM
Good score, Ron!! Wax those ways before starting that stuff!!

Ron Stadler
03-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah, guess I should have to a pic, I was talking to them like passengers on the way home.:eek:

Bernie Weishapl
03-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Congrats on a great score. I agree with John. Wax the ways or they will be black.

Jake Helmboldt
03-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Ahh, the wonderful pukey smell of red oak. I've always thought it smelled of vomit too.

Cathy Schaewe
03-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Ahh, the wonderful pukey smell of red oak. I've always thought it smelled of vomit too.

Really? I kind of like it ... makes me think of turning.

Larry Dubia
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Really? I kind of like it ... makes me think of turning.

Me too...turing green, I mean. As in getting sick.

Ron Stadler
03-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Congrats on a great score. I agree with John. Wax the ways or they will be black.

Ok, I thought he wanted me to do that because of all the water that will be coming out.:confused: Is this something that just white oak does?

Lee Koepke
03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
with a little bit of work .... soon you will have HER finding wood for you!

Now if I can only get my wife to actually do the heavy lifting and bring it home, I would have TRULY found a keeper !!!!