PDA

View Full Version : End-O-Pond Aftermath.

Ray Thompson
04-14-2003, 2:48 PM
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments, but any get together is only as good as the quality of those attending. The willingness to travel long distance, bring expensive equipment and share it with others, share vast amounts of knowledge gained through years of hard work; these are the traits shared by all of those in attendance this weekend. I can only provide the setting for all of this to take place, and maybe a chicken wing to eat. I only hope that everyone was able to take away some new knowledge of their craft, some new friends, and a full belly at the end of the day.

I owe a special thanks to many people and will do so individually over the next few days as I get everything together. This was a collaborative effort by many folks, not just Lynn and I.

I need to mention the kids in attendance. There were kids from toddlers to teenagers there and they were the kindest, politest, and nicest group of young folks I have been around in a long time. Parents, you can be proud of the kids you are raising.

Anyone for Pond Reunion II ??????????

David Propst
04-14-2003, 7:32 PM
Hi Ray,

I would not miss the next one for the world! All of us had a great time. I asked Jennifer today if it had been worth the 18 hours of driving for a 36 hour visit and she immediately said "definitely!"

Gabrielle had a blast as well! She ran hard with the big kids all day. We noticed how little she needed us all day. They grow up too fast!

It was a wonderful event and I got to see many old and new friends, some for the first time and hopefully not the last.

Thank y'all so very much!

David

Jim Baker
04-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Ray,
We would definitely come to a reunion II. We had a wonderful time. You and Lynn were very gracious hosts and you have a beautiful setting for the event.

Thanks for the kind words about the kids. We had two of them there. Our daughter really appreciated the other girls to play with and our son appreciated watching all of the fine craftsmen, especially Terry Quiram at his scroll saw.

Thanks for everything.

Bud Duffy
04-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Ray i was not able to attend due to prior commitments this year .But i will set aside some time for next year please keep us posted on a approx. date.

Bud Duffy
04-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Ray i was not able to attend due to prior commitments this year .But i will set aside some time for next year please keep us posted on a approx. date.