PDA

View Full Version : Another unsubstantiated gloat

Rick Potter
03-17-2011, 3:55 AM
Bought a Craftsman 22116 cabinet saw off Craig List. It is brand new, and had a cracked granite top, which was replaced with a new cast iron top & two 12" wings. The fence is missing too. The guy I got it from buys truckloads of returns or damaged stuff from Sears and other retailers.

He was asking $480 for it, then after a week or so, dropped it to $400. I got it for
$300. As I said, it is brand new, and has a riving knife. I think it is a Steel City clone.

Remember a couple years ago, when Lowes was clearancing Beisemeyer fences? I picked up two 30" commercial fences, complete with the table boards for $80 each, and have been looking for something to put them on. I was gonna put one on dad's old Craftsman contractor saw, but decided to get this instead. It is more powerful, and dust collection should be better. Dad's saw will go to my brother.

The new one runs smooth, and the table is flat, so I figured I did pretty good with a new cabinet saw/Beisemeyer fence for $380. This will be a secondary saw, mostly dado's, to my Unisaw.

Of course...no pictures...probably didn't really happen.

Rick Potter

Callan Campbell
03-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Rick, congrats on the new saw. I didn't know Sears had even ventured into the granite machine top area with any of their stuff. Guess it probably is a Steel City model made for Sears.

Kevin Gregoire
03-17-2011, 11:03 AM
yeah, i have seen a couple of there new saws in my store with granite tops but i sure cant figure out why anyone would want granite? it may be flat but you cant beat steel when you need to use
something magnetic on it!

as for ricks deal i think he did really good! nice score on the saw and really nice on the fence!

Mike Heidrick
03-17-2011, 11:16 AM
No rust. Clamps work on granite just fine.

Congrats.