PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear of Texas Gadgets?

dirk martin
03-17-2011, 2:43 AM
I've seen a couple of articles on the web, talking about some slick turning gadgets from Texas Gadgets? Anyone know if they have a website?

Steve Vaughan
03-17-2011, 6:49 AM
I found it - www.texasgadgets.com (http://www.texasgadgets.com). Well, I'm coming back to my post...not sure it's a worthwhile website...but the website is referenced in the way more interesting article that I mention below...sorry bout that.

But here's something even better...I can't get the link right, but google 'texas gadgets' (without quotes) and the first link should be a .pdf file of a really cool article on a guy that turns GIANT bowls. He references the texas gadgets in his article and that's why it came up, I guess. Anyway, the article is very interesting for how he sets up to do some MAJOR segmented turnings. Very cool. Hope that helps.

Ralph Lindberg
03-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Steve
That is a "domain park". Let's say you get a product idea get a web-site, you then fail and the web-site expires. The domain is bought by a parking firm (to resell, they hope, at a nice profit).
My guess is the guy closed his business

dirk martin
03-17-2011, 2:27 PM
Exactly....that's why I'm trying to find the real Texas Gadgets. That domain parking site, is garbage.
I saw that web article, upon doing a Google search, and I'm very interested in seeing some of their gadgets, but can't find them....

Dan Hintz
03-17-2011, 2:41 PM
Dirk,

Ralph is trying to say that the shop known as "Texas Gadgets" probably went out of business. The website looks the way it does because Google (or another search engine) fills it up automatically with links that it believes somewhat matches the original content no longer hosted there. Once a domain is parked, the chances of finding the original owner are slim, otherwise they would have likely kept the site and did a domain redirect to whatever the new site is.

Dan Forman
03-17-2011, 2:42 PM
They probably have gone out of business, which is why the parking site is a parking site.

Dan

John McCaskill
03-17-2011, 7:41 PM
The author also has quite a few how-to-do-it articles on turningwood dot com

He gives his contact information along with the guy who runs (or ran) Texas Gadgets

Questions may be directed by calling Johnny at 512-858-4471,
home Cell 512-922-1241. Email johntolly@austin.rr.com
By: Johnny W. Tolly
16212 Crystal Hills Dr
Austin TX. 78737

Phone: 512-858-4471

This Open Segment Jig was developed by, Texas gadgets
Innovative Products for the Quality Minded
6405 FM 1179
Bryan, TX. 77808-7272

Phone: 979-774-7406

Email: Charles Hale, texas.gadgets@verizon.net
Email: George Kattawar, Kattawar@tamu.edu

ed walker
03-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Google the wayback machine.Type in the address texasgadgets.com .The archive will bring you back to a web snapshot of the siteat a date when it was active.This is a cool tool for archived info.Take care,Ed.

Brian McInturff
03-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I was going to recommend the same thing but Ed beat me to it. It's a great research tool!