PDA

View Full Version : AMS South Africa

Carrol Fleming
03-17-2011, 1:40 AM
A question for the South African members - Has AMS folded or moved? I was in SA recently and just 'popped round' to stock up and ..... gone! I have sent an email but no reply. Bother. I am going back to SA in early April and wondered where in the Gauteng area I could get Rowmark, Flexibrass and LP-20.

Second question, is LP-20 the same as Thermark?

Carrol

Rodne Gold
03-17-2011, 1:52 AM
Im not sure about AMS , I don't deal with them.I would be surprised if they went under ?
Flexi, Rowmark and IPI are available from Maizeys and Rubber stamp and engraving. However I am importing my own sheets of laserable engraving laminate as I find the local suppliers are crazy with prices , mine land me in at round R130 a sheet vs the R384 for 1.5 and R400+ for flexi that I am currently paying. Problem is , I had to order 500 sheets as a Minimum order quantity - about a years supply for me.
We use Cerdek/Thermark , tried a few of the local products but get more consistent marks with the "real stuff" , who is suppling LP-20?

Carrol Fleming
03-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi Rodney
I don't use huge amounts of the stuff, a couple of sheets will keep me going quite a while so the cost of postage makes it very expensive. I got the LP-20 LasePaste from AMS, it has their label on with no details on the lable. It is grey and dries as a powdery coat that can be rinsed off with water and reused - very economical.
I will pay Maizey a visit when I am in SA.
Thanks
Carrol

Carla Cronje
03-23-2011, 4:59 AM
Hi Carrol
Yes AMS is no more.
The Epilog agent in SA is Tracebility Solutions.
You can contact Fiona Parker @ +27 11 794 5299 / fiona@tracecol.co.za

Regards
Carla

Carrol Fleming
03-23-2011, 6:18 AM
Thanks Carla
Will try and give them a ring when I am in SA

Regards
Carrol