PDA

View Full Version : Pen named "Ruby"

Gary Max
03-16-2011, 7:55 PM
Yup I have lost my mind and almost a month of my time building her. I did waste more time by giving the pen a name----heck I figure she's going to be around for a while waiting on a buyer so why not. Built on one of my Steampunk watch blanks and added over 50 real Rubies---I lost count somehow??????? Ruby is a fountain pen with a 14kt gold nib.

David E Keller
03-16-2011, 8:04 PM
That's an impressive display of bling, Gary. I think those steam punk pens are so nice looking, and you've taken this one to another level.

Donny Lawson
03-16-2011, 8:50 PM
Gary, that is just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I love it. That pen should be worth at least a million or so. Excellent job.

Mark Hubl
03-16-2011, 9:52 PM
That is a very nice pen. I don't think it will be around too long.

Bernie Weishapl
03-16-2011, 10:23 PM
That is a beautiful pen Gary. That one shouldn't last long as someone is going to snatch it up.

Bruce Sanders
03-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Gary excellent work on the pen it is Wow! I received one like that minus the rubies in a recent swap and it is my daily user FP now. I would hate to try and put a price on that one.

Scott Hackler
03-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Gary, as a certified watch nut / collector... I absolutely LOVE this pen. Very, very cool. Awesome job.

Michael James
03-16-2011, 11:53 PM
That one is over the top. Nice job and additions to an already cool pen. I truly hesitate to ask, "what will they think of next", but I do and you guys surprize me constantly. Keep em coming.... but how do you top that?

Tim Thiebaut
03-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Very cool looking!

Les Elm
03-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Very, very nicely done Gary!
There is a lot of theses being done as of late, but this is the first
one I have seen with the Rubies.
Well done.

Les

Peter Hay in Aus
03-17-2011, 4:49 AM
Gary,
I see so many parts in your pen, I looked for a minute wheel,arbor pivot,set wheel,crown,Stem,clutch wheel,ratchet wheel,third wheel,lower balance pin upper balancepivot,escape wheel and so on. I was not dissapointed by the parts you used at all.Then wonder of wonders using the jewels is a master stroke if ever I have seen one. They were there in spades.Lets face it the watch face at the top.

So much to ponder and I dont even know very much about watches at all,I was spellbound and amazed all at the same time.

You have recharged my inventive streak and I am moved to make something my way soon on the Steampunk theme using a theme I have developed around the clock for some time now.

I concluded you have way too much time on your hands.Congratulations on your take on the life of a watch as it can be retained in a fine pen.

May RUBY be only the first of a band of new designs,wishing you success,thankyou for displaying.

Kind regards Peter.