PDA

View Full Version : foot control for air piercing tool

Harry Robinette
03-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi All
A while back there was a lot of talk about piercing, This is the system I made and use.
I'm going to attempt to explain how to build the foot control cause they are hard to find at a reasonable price.The picture I hope well help.The control is made from a PVC 2 1/2" coupler and cap,a piece of corion or hard wood and a piece of about 3/16 round steel rod
you well notice my rod is a 20 penny spike(it's what I had).Also you'll need a spring(mine is from a cheap flashlight the spring for the battery's.)it's behind the corion.The cap should slide on the one end of the coupler the cap has the spring then the corion (turned to size)
inserted into it.Then slide the cap onto the coupler, here you drill a hole through both sides
the size of the rod and a hole opposite through both sides the size of the tube.Remove the cap and elongate(Up and down)the hole in the COUPLER ONLY.Then do the same to the CAP ONLY in the opposite holes.This well create an X in the coupler and cap.Put the tube through the holes with the small hole in the coupler and the elongated hole in the cap,compress the cap onto the coupler and install the rod through the assembly OVER top of the tube to stick out the other side.When the assemble is done the rod should pinch the tube, when you push down on the cap the air can go through the tube.
The other pic. are a practice bowl I'm playing with some carving and piercing on. Any Questions contact me by PM.

Doug Wolf
03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Harry,
Thanks for the post and pictures. I wish more people would post their ingenious ways they have solved a problem. Not everyone wants to pull out a fat wallet and order on-line. Besides, I think it's more fun to come up with and execute an original idea.