PDA

View Full Version : Walnut and maple Nightstand.

keith micinski
03-14-2011, 8:21 PM
Well after narrowly averting a mess up with my digital fence readout I was able to salvage the fronts of these drawers. I really liked the way the project turned out and am now regretting using cheap wood for the drawers and cheap drawer slides. I have decided that all the work that goes into dovetailing a drawer and making everything fit right I am not going to use anything but Blum tandems anymore. There is something about a nice soft close drawer that really makes a project seem much nicer. I couldn't bring myself to put drawer pulls on the front because I like the grain to much so my wife will just have to use two hands to open the drawers I guess.

Danny Hamsley
03-14-2011, 8:56 PM
That walnut in the middle is speaking to me! Very nice !

Joseph D'Orazio
03-15-2011, 9:59 AM
That walnut in the middle is speaking to me! Very nice !Funny how that works, I like the Walnut on the left.

Nice nightstand

keith micinski
03-15-2011, 11:40 PM
That's actually curly maple on the left. I kind of designed the whole thing around the little piece of walnut in the middle. Once I resawed it and book matched it that was really the only thing I could think to do with such a small piece.

Joseph D'Orazio
03-16-2011, 7:54 AM
That's actually curly maple on the left. I kind of designed the whole thing around the little piece of walnut in the middle. Once I resawed it and book matched it that was really the only thing I could think to do with such a small piece.
I hate it when that happens. Well, I like the Maple on the left. The only Maple I've been exposed to so far has been mostly white and in little strips. I need to order me some Maple I suppose. For that matter the only Walnut I've been exposed to is mostly dark in color. I've seen some real pretty pictures on the other forum of some really nice multicolored Walnut.

Anyway, nice end table.