PDA

View Full Version : Photo Grave

Kathy Moore
03-14-2011, 8:19 PM
Is there a step by step tutorial someplace for Photograve? I got a little memographed flyer with my program and would like something more explanatory. I am a bit thick skulled at times. Any suggestions?/
Thanks Kathy

Andrew Mammoliti
03-14-2011, 8:49 PM
Can someone post a video on YouTube about this topic! It would help lots of people.

Frank Corker
03-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Have you tried reading from their website?

Andrew Mammoliti
03-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Oh yes, but they don't tell you how to use the dithering features and the such.

Larry Bratton
03-15-2011, 9:23 AM
IMHO Photograv is a crock anyway. You can accomplish the same thing with regular Photo editing software, i.e. Photoshop or Photopaint which is part of the Corel package. You want to watch a video? Watch this one about prep for black granite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZubRDUrg_7k and while your there watch this one by Roy Brewer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yllZTBA0HO0&feature=related. Learn these procedures and you won't need PG. (By the way, I own both V2 and V3 of PG and abandoned it altogether)

Joseph Belangia
03-15-2011, 9:28 AM
I like PhotoGrav.

Is that wrong?

Tim Bateson
03-15-2011, 9:47 AM
Kathy, You have dithering functions on your Epilog, so 99% of your work has no need for PhotoGrav. It's one of those over-priced tools that you either love or hate. I'm not saying which group I fall into.

Larry Bratton
03-15-2011, 10:01 AM
I like PhotoGrav.

Is that wrong?

No it isn't. But I love my car too, I just don't need it to get to the end of my driveway.

Dan Hintz
03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
but i love my car too, i just don't need it to get to the end of my driveway.rofl :d:d:d

EDIT: Some weird stuff going on... it won't let me leave all CAPS!

Larry Bratton
03-15-2011, 12:17 PM
rofl :d:d:d

edit: Some weird stuff going on... It won't let me leave all caps!

perhaps you hit a wrong key whilst you were on the floor! :)

Edit: Your right..I tried to post this in all caps and I got all lower case...what tha?

Martin Boekers
03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Many who use PG keep it simple. Run it using the Cherry wood setting and auto on everything.

a few things to remember are before you run PG make sure your image is to size
and the DPI is the same that you will laser at. Don't rotate it or change size after PG.
This will degrade the image a bit.

You WILL have to test for speed and power, disregard PG suggestions.

Also if you are engraving a dark object, black marble for instance, make sure you invert it
this will give you a "positive" image, if you don't it will look like a negative.

One last thing is the GIGA clause garbage in - garbage out, the better the image going in
the better chances of it looking nice.

Spend some time learning Photo Shop or Photo Paint it is well worth the time invested.
There are thousands of tutorials out there for both. Many actions available to convert
from color to B&W also. The better you learn the softwares the better and more efficient
your projects become.

Learn the laser and it's settings as 5 points one way or the other can have a dramatic effect on quality!

Oh...... and welcome to SMC! ;-)

Joseph Belangia
03-15-2011, 5:47 PM
No it isn't. But I love my car too, I just don't need it to get to the end of my driveway.

Whatever works for you, Larry. Tell me how you really feel.

Joe De Medeiros
03-15-2011, 5:52 PM
perhaps you hit a wrong key whilst you were on the floor! :)

Edit: Your right..I tried to post this in all caps and I got all lower case...what tha?

perhaps the moderators turned the yelling feature off. ;)

Larry Bratton
03-15-2011, 6:25 PM
perhaps the moderators turned the yelling feature off. ;)

Well, I was just going to show Dan that the caps worked..but they didn't. Wasn't shouting, just having a little fun with him. :)

Bill Cunningham
03-15-2011, 8:55 PM
Testing testing testing DHL UPS LOL OMG W.T.F. Hmmm it only works on certain combinations:D