PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Dust Collector Bags?

Andrew Gibson
03-14-2011, 7:41 PM
Hi all. I have a small Craftsman 650 cfm dust collector that could really use a new set of bags.

It says it uses "Unique bags" they have a ring built in to the bag and they pull up and into place... maybe all bags are like this. I have never looked. Anyway if anyone knows of a source for these bags I would really applicate a link. I think the bags are 21 gallon

also, whats your favorite place to get 4" dust collector hose?

I guess I should mention that I checked the Sears website and did not see the correct bags.

Jerry Bruette
03-14-2011, 7:59 PM
Andrew

Any chance you could post a picture of the bags you need? If I understand you right they sound like some bags we use at work and I might be able to help you out.

Jerry

Bruce Wrenn
03-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Rockler sells a replacement 1.0 micron, 14" diameter filter bag for $29.99. (Item # 63624). I use one of these and a plastic lower bag on my Delta AP-400. I used original quick clamps from Delta to hold bag in place, but I also used a couple of these bags on a plenum and made an extra long hose clamp to fit. This may fit you unit.

Jim Falsetti
03-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Andrew - I had a Sears 1 hp dust collector with upper and lower bags. I replaced the top bag with a Wynn Environmental filter and inserted a 3 mm plastic bag inside the bottom bag (see attached photo). Jim

David Hostetler
03-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Forget the filter bag, and go with the Wynn 35A filter (or better yet, call Dick Wynn and ask for his recommendation for your specific DC), and just use a clear plastic bag to line your existing lower like Jim Falsetti mentions...

Phil Maddox
03-21-2011, 7:53 PM
Oneida makes oversize bags that filter great and have good surface area:

http://store.oneida-air.com/retrofitfilterbags.aspx

Don't know if they will work or not. Had two on my Delta 1 1/2hp - great results.

Kevin Gregoire
03-23-2011, 7:10 PM
why would you put a plastic bag inside the bottom cloth bag and not just use the plastic one and remove the cloth bag?