PDA

View Full Version : Shop Made Improvement on Handle...

Wally Dickerman
03-14-2011, 6:24 PM
A while back there was a thread on hand held center drills for bowls and hollowforms. There were complaints about hard to grip handles. Some time ago I bought a new 3/8 drill and it had a terrible handle. Very hard to grip. This is my way of improving it. Now it works very well. I just grip the knob in the palm of my hand like a doorknob and easily shove the drill into the wood.

John Keeton
03-14-2011, 9:07 PM
Wally, I just used my drill a few minutes ago, and went a little deeper than I have previously. It did want to turn on me a little, and I might upgrade to your new style! Nice wood, too!

Bill Neddow
03-14-2011, 9:11 PM
This is a great idea, Wally. The knob really allows you to control the torque and gives you a very comfortable grip for pushing the drill in.

Bernie Weishapl
03-14-2011, 9:16 PM
Wally that looks great. I have a little trouble with arthur when using my long drill bit. Looks like a good solution.

Harry Robinette
03-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Wally great Idea,If you use masking tape to mark your depth I roll a small roll around the bit right at the handle end.Always have tape handy and don't have to look anywhere to try and find it.

Michael James
03-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Very clever, thanks for sharing this (and others) tip!

Steve Schlumpf
03-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Great idea Wally! Thanks for sharing!