PDA

View Full Version : G'Day from Australia (with pictures of artwork)

Peter Vasic
01-24-2005, 5:45 PM
Hello gang !

My wife Kathy and I, hope to be regular contributors to your forum, from what I've seen there is an enormous wealth of knowledge here and its great to see such interaction.

Best wishes from Adelaide, Australia.:)

Kindest regards

Peter and kathy

Ken Fitzgerald
01-24-2005, 5:52 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek Peter! Neat place to exchange ideas! Take and leave information as you deem necessary!

Keith Outten
01-24-2005, 6:53 PM
G'Day Mate and welcome to SawMill Creek !

Ted Calver
01-24-2005, 9:52 PM
Peter and Kathy,
A warm welcome to a great place! We look forward to seeing some of your work!
Ted

Marshall Harrison
01-25-2005, 7:45 AM
Peter and Kathy,

Welcome to the Creek. Lot's of good information here and a lot of really good people. Enjoy and participate often.

David Wilson
01-25-2005, 8:44 AM
Kathy & Peter

Welcome aboard. Remember to post pics.

Dick Parr
01-25-2005, 8:55 AM
Peter and Kathy

Welcome to the SMC and we do love pictures. :D

Peter Vasic
01-25-2005, 8:06 PM
Thank you so much for your warm welcome.

We dont do so much wood engraving where we are, most of our work is general/industrial work, however, we are slowly forging towards a more artistic bent in our business.
Our eventual aim is to have a much larger portfolio of artistic based commissions as well as our general engineering/ commercial applications.

I enjoy the world of art, cartooning, characatures etc . prior to moving into the engraving sphere, my business was Artistic Design Solutions . We were ( Kathy and I ) were mostly sign based, but I was regularly commisioned to do characatures for clients as well as cartoons.

My pride and joy are two large commissions that I finished of "Australian Rules Football" teams. They were the Team of the Century paintings of the North Adelaide Football Club The Roosters est 1893, and the South Adelaide Football Club, The Panthers est 1875.

These Paintings were approx 8' x 4' in size and depicted the heroes and champions of every era of these clubs from 1900 until 2000,
Print runs were done of the two paintings .

You can view them here if you wish:
http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/toc_prints.htm#The%20NORTH%20ADELAIDE%20Team%20of% 20the%20Century%20Print

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/toc_prints.htm#The%20SOUTH%20ADELAIDE%20Team%20of% 20the%20Century%20Print

This site is by a passionate follower of Australian Rules Football and he resides in England. It is the most comprehensive and thorough site on any aspect of the Australian Game anywhere in the world.

I hope to be able to post more of my work and that of others that work with me in the future, everything from cartoons, to characatures and of course engraving....and as it comes up Wood Engraving.

I hope you guys dont mind if it isnt all Wood engraving..

Kindest Regards

Peter and Kathy

Peter Vasic
02-03-2005, 4:50 PM
Just a short note to say I fixed the links to the images, they are now easier to access.

( by the way, I didnt ad them as any hard sell, just simply to give you some idea as to the diversity of artwork that comes from our studio/workshop.)

I will be adding some laser and engraved images over the next couple of weeks

Kindest regards

Peter :)