PDA

View Full Version : Creek Waders Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
04-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Well, Needless to say...all I got done this weekend was:

<B>The End-O-Pond Gathering at Ray's place near Indy!!</B>

What a GREAT time we had. Terry Hatfield, Bob Lasley rode with me to Ray's place and we got there late Friday night. The weather was WONDERFUL all three days (1 traveling TO the gathering, 1 day spent AT the gathering and 1 MONTH to drive BACK home!! :-)) I did find out that it is 620 miles from Ray's to Terry's place and only <B>814 miles</B> to MY place. 14 hour driving and I hit the rack when I got home.!! :-)

Thanks to Ray and his SWMBO for hosting such a WONDERFUL gathering. They did an <B>EXCELLENT</B> job and just absolutely great people.

Beside that.....we didn't need a language translator after all!!! :-)

Best of Weeks
------ P.S. I will be sending all my "gathering" pics to Ken Salisbury and I am sure he will get them posted.

Lee Schierer
04-14-2003, 1:03 PM
I made it back to the hotel about 11:45 saturday night. What a great day. I'm not sure who was in charge of the weather, but they did a great job.

The woodworking I saw at the picnic was really good stuff. Saw lots of people getting infected withteh wood turning virus.

Ken was busy aquiring some new grand babies. Too bad he ran out of that fancy jewelry he was giving out.

At least 10 people I saw learned how to turn a pen. Thanks, Ken.

I couldn't keep up with all the bowl turning.

It was a great day.

If you haven't been to a woodworker picnic, then you're not getting all you can get from the hobby.

For those that wanted to know about the book I use for wooden toys. It is shown in the attached photo. Write me if you have any quyestions. I've seen copies at ebay and I think Rocklers and Amazon both sell copies.

keith zimmerman
04-14-2003, 2:52 PM
'nuff said.

Words do not describe it.

John Miliunas
04-14-2003, 7:28 PM
OK, somebody has to break the pattern here. Might as well be me. No, didn't make it to the party. My main "party" consisted of work on Saturday, outside cleaning, inside cleaning, "honey-do" list and a couple minor repairs 'round the house. I did manage to finish cleaning up an old plane, which belonged to LOML's grandfather. Nothing special, but a nice momento. Wish I coulda' made it to the party...Sounds like much more fun than what I did! One of these times..... Have a great week, everyone! :cool:

Jim Baker
04-14-2003, 11:35 PM
It was great to meet new friends and learn new skills.

Thanks, everyone.

Bud Duffy
04-15-2003, 12:25 AM
I got the linolium in the mother in laws bathroom and kitchen replaced and the new cabinets stained and installed,the builtin dishwasher installed and the two new countertops installed and sealedand replaced the old single bulb light in the kitchen with a nice wen four bulb florecent ,with the new paint swmbo and mother in law put on it looks like a whole new kitchen. The mother in law was so excited about how it looked i took the opertunity to drop a hint about my birthday coming up in in four weeks and some new tools i have been eyeing ever so subtly. :rolleyes:

Sam Chambers
04-15-2003, 10:53 AM
For the first time in a long time, I got to spend some time in the shop last weekend. Of course, I had to take my birthday holiday to do it, but it was worth it.

It was time to spend a little "quality time" with my Delta contractor's saw and get it working the way it should. So, I installed new machined pulleys and a link belt, installed a store-bought zero-clearance insert, and got the &$*% blade guard and splitter re-installed and lined up. Made some test cuts, and everything worked great! Hopefully it'll stay that way.

I had planned to get back in the shop Saturday, but SWMBO insisted that I trim the rogue boxwoods at the front of the house. What began as a relatively minor trim job ended up being a boxwood-ectomy. In the process of the initial boxwood trimming, I accidentally cut SWMOB's gardenia plants down to twigs (doh!). When I got done "trimming" the boxwoods, they looked really pitiful, so I removed three of them, roots and all, along with two other mystery plants that were growing out front. As punishment forcutting the gardenias, SWMBO and I went to the local nursery and bought replacement gardenias and several azaleas. By the time I got all the planted, the day was shot, as was my back.

This weekend, I'm staying away from the bushes and in the shop.