PDA

View Full Version : New cars

Dave Lehnert
03-13-2011, 11:25 PM
My new car is so advanced it sends me an e-mail when my tire pressure is low or the oil needs to be changed. Warning light on the dash tells me the roads may be slick with ice.
I can press a button for help, It knows my exact location. I can make a phone call from my rear view mirror. I can even start the car for my family when I am a world away.
But the clock on the dash, Had to dig out the owners manual to figure out how to change it. Guess an auto setting clock would be too advanced:confused:

By the way, We have all seen the commercials on TV. What good does it do to have your husband start the car for you when he is out of state. You still need the key to drive it anywhere.

Matt Meiser
03-14-2011, 7:32 AM
Ford has finally made it pretty easy. Press "clock" and type in the time using the preset buttons. The only trick is that you have to use a leading 0 on a three digit time.

Do cars with GPS set themselves?

Joe Pelonio
03-14-2011, 8:08 AM
My wife's Jeep Liberty is the easiest. It has two holes for hours and minutes, just poke with a pencil until you get the right time.

Joe Angrisani
03-14-2011, 10:24 AM
My wife's Jeep Liberty is the easiest. It has two holes for hours and minutes, just poke with a pencil until you get the right time.

VW's been doing that since 1985. Glad Jeep finally joined the last millennium. ;)

Jim Rimmer
03-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Do cars with GPS set themselves?

If you mean does the clock reset itself, the anwer is no, not on my F150.

Jim Becker
03-14-2011, 8:25 PM
My '06 Highlander Hybrid Limited only requires two touches to do the time change thing...hit the little clock change button, touch the DST/SDT icon on the screen and touch the icon to go back to wherever you were. It also keeps very accurate time.

Shawn Christ
03-16-2011, 9:19 PM
I agree! My $15 alarm clock is automatic, and so is my brother's $20 atomic wall clock. Why can't cars be that way? Still, changing time is easy on my 2008 Malibu and 2007 Sierra... press MENU -- CLOCK -- and HOUR or MINUTES.

I must have missed the commercials... you can remote start a car when you're out of state?

Brian Elfert
03-16-2011, 9:57 PM
Isn't it the Chevy Cruze that is advertising the phone app that can be used to start the car and such? I wonder if it requires an OnStar subscription to make it work?