PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Acrobat

Sean Troy
03-13-2011, 9:21 PM
Hi all, I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and made a document. I need to make some changes but for the life of me can not figure out how to make the changes. Anyone know Acrobat that can point me in the right direction/ Thanks, Sean

Jim Koepke
03-13-2011, 9:54 PM
Sean,

It has been a long time since I have done this. Can you open the document in Acrobat Pro and then edit.

As I recall, the way I used to do it is save the original as a work copy and then the public document as the read only document. Then to change things a copy was made of the work copy and then double saved again. I do not recall having a menu selection to change a read only to an editable document.

Like I said, it has been many years since this was something I did.

jtk

Bryan Morgan
03-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi all, I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and made a document. I need to make some changes but for the life of me can not figure out how to make the changes. Anyone know Acrobat that can point me in the right direction/ Thanks, Sean

First, make sure you are opening it in full Acrobat and not just the reader. Second, is it an editable PDF, like a vector based (created from scratch in Acrobad or from Word, or similar program), or just a PDF of a scanned image? If its just a scanned image you can't really edit the image itself in Acrobat, you need to use Photoshop.

Sean Troy
03-14-2011, 10:18 AM
I created it in Acrobat pro 9 full version. I opened it in the full version also to try and make some changes.

Eric DeSilva
03-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Might help to know what you are trying to change? Links? Text? Fields?

Sean Troy
03-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Might help to know what you are trying to change? Links? Text? Fields?
Text is what I'm trying to edit.

Ben Hatcher
03-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Tools->Advanced Editing->Touch Up Text tool. Select the text you want to change and change away. The one caveat is that the font must be one in the Acrobat pallate or you won't be able to edit it. An alternative is to export the document to word or another word processing program, make your changes, and then reimport into acrobat. You can also do this one page at a time as long as your changes don't make the page you're changing any longer.

Sean Troy
03-14-2011, 3:52 PM
Tools->Advanced Editing->Touch Up Text tool. Select the text you want to change and change away. The one caveat is that the font must be one in the Acrobat pallate or you won't be able to edit it. An alternative is to export the document to word or another word processing program, make your changes, and then reimport into acrobat. You can also do this one page at a time as long as your changes don't make the page you're changing any longer.
Still won't let me edit text. Could it be because it was made with a template? I choose one of the templates to make a questionnaire/survey.

Eric DeSilva
03-14-2011, 4:34 PM
If it is a form, you might be trying to edit a field. I swear there is something that allows you to toggle a mode to view the fields, but can't find anything handy with fields to find the command.

Chuck Wintle
03-14-2011, 4:55 PM

that works for me...Tools->Advanced Editing->Touch Up Text tool.

Sean Troy
03-14-2011, 5:23 PM
I can edit it now. It is a form so I just edit as such. Thanks all for the help, Sean