PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Turners - questions for you

Chip Sutherland
03-13-2011, 9:20 PM
The LOML are planning a trip to Seattle this summer. I looked on the AAW Chapters list and saw several regional chapters but didn't see a Seattle chapter per se. So which of the regional ones are nearest to Seattle? Maybe I can catch a meeting while I'm there.

Also, what galleries have local woodturners works on display...and for sale?

Any local suggestions for restaurants, etc, would be great, too.

Thanks.

Wally Dickerman
03-14-2011, 12:39 AM
You must have missed it. There is a chapter called...guess what... Seattle Chapter AAW. They meet not in, but near Seattle. They are one of the oldest chapters. I know because I helped form it back in 1987. Check out their website listed at AAW.

A very good gallery is Northwest Fine Woodworing, in Pioneer Square.

Lots of good restaurants, especially if you like seafood. I like Anthony's Home Port and Ivars among others.

Jim Sebring
03-14-2011, 1:05 AM
A little further north, the Northwest Washington Woodturners meets the third Thursday of the month in Mt. Vernon. We have about 120 members and usually have a great demo each meeting. John Jordan will be here the 19th for an all day demo, followed by some classes. Check out our web site at http://www.northwestwashingtonwoodturners.org/index.htm .

Chip Sutherland
03-14-2011, 12:55 PM
DUH....you got me. It's there big as life. I must have been looking at the city location which said Kenmore, WA. I blame it on teenagers and exotic wood dust. I wear a dust mask...but that doesn't scare the teenage boys off.

Justin Stephen
03-15-2011, 7:36 PM
Totally eat breakfast at the Hi-Spot Cafe in the Seattle area called Madrona when you are there, preferably on a weekday morning to avoid the crowd. Dear God I loved that place.