PDA

View Full Version : Shaking table in a Epilog Helix 35 watt 24"x18"

James Westy
03-13-2011, 7:20 PM
Hi folks,
Im currently running a Epilog Helix 35 watt laser. When I have etched at lower speeds (ex. 30 to 50 speed) the table shakes at random causing blurred or blown out images. I have gotten to the point where I have held the table still with my hands, and have tried weights in the machine to reduce the shaking. I am printing from Illustrator CS5 if this helps. Thanks for any help!

David Fairfield
03-13-2011, 10:06 PM
First, I'd ask the obvious question-- what is the laser sitting on? It needs to be on a very solid platform. Anything that shakes, like a table with spindly legs, is no good at all.

Dave

James Westy
03-14-2011, 8:48 PM
This is a floor model. The table inside the laser shakes at random...

Larry Bratton
03-14-2011, 9:13 PM
Call Epilog Tech support, they can solve that for you.

Dee Gallo
03-14-2011, 9:16 PM
James -

You should call tech support. I had an Epilog shipped to me once and it was damaged by UPS. One of the table supports was broken (it's just plastic) and the whole thing rocked. I had a tech guy come and replace it, but apparently the whole table is supported by these four little things at the bottom. He had to remove the sides and front to get to it and it was still hard to reach.

Just a possibility, dee

Neil Pabia
03-15-2011, 2:34 PM
I had the same problem for a short time and then I moved my blower away from the laser and it stopped.