PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Max CU300 Help Needed

Brian Gumpper
03-13-2011, 11:59 AM
I was using the machine a couple weeks ago and it stopped turning on. I believe I was using the J/P then went to table saw and it wouldn't turn on. I just quit for the day but now need to use the saw. I know it's getting juice, all the three safety switches are out and the internal fuses are good.

Any ideas? I thought there might have been micro switches on the jointer beds but didn't see any.

Mike Hollingsworth
03-13-2011, 12:05 PM
check microswitches:

shaper door
saw blade surround
I think there's also one on the J/P

glwt

Brian Gumpper
03-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks Mike, I think I found the bed switches. They appear to be the rods that come through the bed height adjustment bars.

I can't find my meter so I'll have to wait to see but I think the issue is with a switch somewhere. It looks like they are all in series on the terminal block but I have not way right now to measure the output of each wire. Looks like they are all fed from a transformer that much step down the 220V and there also appears to be a 1A fuse that I can't right now either.

Brian Gumpper
03-13-2011, 1:14 PM
While putting the machine back together I remebered Mike mentioned the saw blade surround which I haven't touch in quite a while. Sure enough, that was the probelm.

Thanks Mike

Chris Fournier
03-13-2011, 4:39 PM
Yeah these machines have so many safety features that it is quite easy to get buffaloed when the darn thing won't fire up on command!

Jim Becker
03-14-2011, 8:58 PM
In addition to checking the microswitches first, you may also need to open up the control panel and with the mains disconnected, check the physical connections on the contactors. (they are probably grey) My S350WS slider occasionally has one particular lead get loose...probably from vibration over time...and the circuitry shuts down as a result. It's the nature of the Euro control system. It was a bugger to find the first time, but when it happened again two years later, I had it fixed in about, oh...ten minutes.

Brian Gumpper
03-14-2011, 9:04 PM
Thanks Jim, that's where I was digging around. My simple old circuit test told enough about the main AC to know what wasn't the problem. I got lost when I couldn't find my meter trying to figure out what, if any, voltage was coming from the individual wires. The funny thing is the wiring diagram was stapled on the book so I guess that was one of those "you'll never need it" but folks started calling.

The blade surround must have vibrated loose because I haven't touched it in a while and it was the issue. At least know if it happens again I'll have a place to start before assuming it's something really complicated.