PDA

View Full Version : Engraving on a tapered item (pint glass).

Steven Wallace
03-12-2011, 8:11 PM
I know that there is a link on here somewhere for engraving on a tapered item so that it stays square and how to do the calculations. Anyone know what I am talking about and can give me some help. Sure would appreciate it. Thanks

Chuck Stone
03-12-2011, 9:41 PM
Are you using a rotary attachment? And if so, which type?

Steven Wallace
03-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Chuck thanks for the reply, I am using the Epilog supplied rotary attachment.

Dan Hintz
03-13-2011, 9:32 AM
I was in on that thread and provided some instructions on how to do it, so add my name to the advanced search box. If I find it, I'll post it.

Martin Boekers
03-13-2011, 1:52 PM
For whatever reasons I have never had good luck with the Epilog rotary on items.

I just did a beer mug yesterday, the text was fine but the graphic was compressed on
the sides?

Sometimes everything is compressed on the sides. I have 2 lasers and 2 rotarys and both
aren't consistant, so I let the client know there may be issues.....

Marty

Chris Achtschin
03-13-2011, 3:13 PM
Sometimes if I have a big difference between 2 lines of text I'll refocus the lines separately.

Steve Clarkson
03-14-2011, 9:29 AM
I believe the calculation is:

Circumference of the top of the glass/circumference of the middle of the glass

For example, if the circumference of the top of the glass (where it sits on the wheels) is 10" and the circumference of the middle of the glass (or the middle of your graphic) is 5", then the adjustment that you make is 200% (10"/5").......so make your graphic 200% wider (do not adjust the height).

Did I ever mention that I HATE my rotary?

Chris DeGerolamo
03-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Chuck thanks for the reply, I am using the Epilog supplied rotary attachment.

I assume then that you would not be able to use the wheel height adjustment to compensate?