PDA

View Full Version : Best place to purchase tablesaw and bandsaw?

Kevin J Lalonde
03-12-2011, 6:30 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy a delta unisaw and a 14" bandsaw, guess i'll buy new since i cant find one on craigslist or newspaper. Whats the best internet site to purchase these from? I'm here around Lafayette, La and there are no stores that sell these units near here. Thanks in advance.

Charles Lent
03-12-2011, 6:34 PM
There are several used Unisaws posted on the NCWoodworker website right now. If you are on the East coast they might be worth looking at.

Charley

Gary Max
03-12-2011, 6:34 PM
Try Toolnut, I bought my Delta lathe from them and got free shipping.

keith denbesten
03-12-2011, 7:13 PM
X-2 for Toolnut I bought my uni and they were the best price I found by a few hundred.

Paul McGaha
03-13-2011, 5:14 AM
I've had good luck with toolsplus.

Mike Heidrick
03-13-2011, 6:03 AM
Toosl plus is good, amazon has always done me good, I would not hesitate to buy a grizzly bandsaw, and utterguys in florida also dropped shipped my Kreg so they were good to work with. I would check what freight company each will be using and check their reputation - they hold teh keys to an uneventful delivery. Get liftgate service if you need it.

scott spencer
03-13-2011, 9:23 AM
Redmond's, Amazon, Woodcraft, Tools-plus, Tool Nut, Utter Guys...all reputable. Have personally dealt with Amazon, Woodcraft and Utter guys.

Kevin Gregoire
03-14-2011, 12:40 AM
how come nobody ever posts links? you take the time to type most of it out to begin with. you probably have the sites bookmarked
so just post the links please.

+1 for tools plus
http://www.tools-plus.com/

Frank Drew
03-14-2011, 9:56 AM
Kevin,

Unless you're absolutely intent on buying new, you might expand your search for used equipment beyond your local Craig's List and newspaper. There are a number of used equipment dealers around which you could probably find by Googling "used woodworking machinery".