PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami

Caspar Hauser
03-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm hope I'm right in assuming that members in Japan in the aftermath of the earthquake and in the wider path/wake of the resulting Tsunami are just busy right now.

I hope that's all you are and that you and all you hold dear are in good shape.

CH

ray hampton
03-11-2011, 1:41 PM
my prayers are with the Japanese

Caspar Hauser
03-11-2011, 3:25 PM
my prayers are with the Japanese

Thank you Ray, you remind me to take greater care when trying to express myself in the face of such indiscriminate tragedies.

CH

Dave Beauchesne
03-12-2011, 1:14 AM
Our son is married to a Japanese girl, and I have had the pleasure of attending their wedding 2 years ago and meeting most of the family. Son and daughter in law are back here in Canada now, so they are safe.

We received word that their family was not affected to any great degree, as they are in the bottom 1/3 of the country, but my wife thought out loud today something along the lines of ' It sure feels different seeing the devastation when you have family in the affected country '.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the people of Japan and their extended families around the world.

Dave Beauchesne

John Fabre
03-12-2011, 1:27 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the people of Japan and their extended families around the world.

Same here, my heart and prayers are with them.

ray hampton
03-12-2011, 1:29 PM
I am in dread to see how high the total number of dead will reach
there is talk of 2 whole trains that are missing but no mention of
the numbers of passengers

Larry Dubia
03-12-2011, 8:00 PM
I am starting an account to raise money for medical supplies, etc to be used for this efforts there. I will let you know the particulars later today. I hope we can get a lot of people to participate. And yes there will be accountability.

The name of the charity is called International Medical corps. They are already involved. If interested in helping, please PM me.