PDA

View Full Version : Morgan’s Stable

Bruce Page
03-10-2011, 11:40 PM
One of the neat things you get to do when you retire is make stuff for the grandkids. Morgan, grandkid #3, 7 yrs old, asked if I could make her a stable based on plans from “Binky’s Stable”. Sure I said... A few hundred piece parts later, it is finished. I had to laugh when I told LOML that it was a good thing I chose to be a machinist rather than a carpenter! Dan Hintz laser cut the sign for me, I think it ads a nice touch. Thanks Dan!
Mom & Morgan will be here Saturday morning to pick it up, I hope she likes it. I now sit in wait for what grandkids #4, 5, & 6 ask for!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Beautifully done Bruce! I am sure Morgan will cherish it!

Bill Huber
03-11-2011, 12:04 AM
That is just awesome, I am sure she will lover it and if she doesn't like it tell her I will take it. I would like to see the horses that go in it, that would really make it look neat I am sure.

The only question is what is the little read roofed building in shoot number 2. I think I know, it is the top with the cut out for the window but not sure.

It one thing I think you left off was the weather vane on top....:D

Dan Hintz
03-11-2011, 6:58 AM
Looks great, Bruce :)

Bruce was unlucky enough to ask for this when my laser decided it didn't want to fire reliably, so a few weeks went by before I was able to get him a usable sign (this project was the first sign my laser was getting cranky, no pun intended). I asked that he not pay me for the time lost, but the stubborn galoot insisted and PayPal'ed me anyway. I owe him a beer next time I'm down south...

Bruce Page
03-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Thanks all.
Bill, the red roof section lifts off for access to the center hayloft area.

Jay Jolliffe
03-11-2011, 1:12 PM
Great job....

Jim Becker
03-11-2011, 9:50 PM
What a wonderful project!

doug faist
03-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I hope she likes it.

Bruce - I she doesn't, I'll take it! :)

That is a marvelous project and a great gift.

Doug
Still waiting for #1.

Bruce Page
03-12-2011, 5:06 PM
Saturday smile of approval.

Mom said that that’s just a fraction of her horse collection. :eek:

Neil Brooks
03-12-2011, 6:01 PM
Wow. That is SO cool :)

And ... with her looks ... be glad you're the grandpa. I figure ... dad's gonna' have his hands full, when she discovers boys ;)

Gary Herrmann
03-12-2011, 7:29 PM
Great job on the stable, Bruce.

Just another 20 years to retirement...

Ole Anderson
03-12-2011, 9:36 PM
Great retirement project. And a cute grand daughter to boot! Do you have one of those teeny table saws to do such a minature project (wink)? And the pool table supporting the stable didn't slide by me. Mine was used for 15 years as my shipping department for a basement business until I was able to resurrect it in retirement.

Mike Cutler
03-13-2011, 8:01 AM
Bruce

Nice work! The fencing panels are really cool!
She is going to need a "Round Pen" though for her horses. Those little horses can have atrocious ground manners, so let's get hot.;)

Well done.

David Thompson 27577
03-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Make no mistake -- that gift will be cherished. And unless it meets some disaster, it will be cherished by more than one generation. I guess it's possible that while Morgan is in high school, it will be sitting in an attic somewhere. But when Morgan is the Dad of a 7-year-old, that stable will get many more years of use. It's obviously of that level of quality.

And it's obvious that the GrandDad that built it, truly loves his GrandKids!

Good-on-ya Gramps. I hope that I can do as well for mine...............

gary Zimmel
03-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Can't beat building projects for the grand kids. Well done Bruce.