PDA

View Full Version : flexibrass

Kathy Moore
03-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi all
I am a newbie and I mean newbie. Do any of you have any pointers on engraving business cards out of flexibrass? Keep in mind that I know nothing.
I just got my laser and Have done only a couple pieces of wood for practice
Thanks for any help.
Kathy

Gary and Jessica Houghton
03-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Run at high speed low power. Cut faster than rowmark. It helps if you put your laser type and wattage in your sinature. Many people can tell you speed/power they use. I have a 35W epilog and I use 100s/60p with 400-600 dpi. Good luck!

Mike Null
03-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Kathy

Welcome to SMC. We recently had a thread on that topic which I have included in this post. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with SMC and particularly the search function as it will be invaluable to you as you have new questions about your laser.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?160384-business-cards-need-to-pick-one-material

Kathy Moore
03-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Thank you everyone for all the information. I am using a 60 watt epilog. In the future I will put it in my tag line. Thanks Kathy

William Wilson
03-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi Kathy,
I am also new to the forum I use the flexibrass material on a very consistent basis, and from my honest opinion flexibrass shouldnt be used to make a business card, it is a very fragile and not a very scratch resistant material. I've used the gold flexi for business cards and had to cut out a backing for them to be a little more stiff just to make sure they wouldnt bend to much and break.

Mike Null
03-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Kathy

It's easy to use too much power on laminated plastics and in doing so you may sacrifice fine detail. As you experiment, use the lowest power setting that produces a satisfactory result. Focus is critical as well.

Kathy Moore
03-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks William for the information. What would you reccommend for business cards?
Kathy
Epilog 60 watt
Roland Gx24
SWF Embroidery machine
and many other toys

Mark Sipes
03-12-2011, 6:34 PM
I have used 1/32" material Heavier than Flexi, and gets customers attention..

Mark