View Full Version : Laser Tape

Nikhil Patel
03-10-2011, 7:54 AM
Hi, i am new to the forum and i was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out what this product is.
I came across a video and 15seconds into the video they use something called 'laser tape'.. i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get it or somthing similar it? I know laserbit supply a product called LiquaMask but for a product that costs $40 it costs like $95 to ship to the UK :s. I have provided a link to the video below.




Michael Hunter
03-10-2011, 8:33 AM
You'd be better searching for "sandblasting film" or "sandblasting resist" and then refining it for "laserable".

Be aware that many of the sandblast resist films are PVC based - a nono for us laser users, so you need to find a mylar or rubber based one.

Alternatively, why not just laser the glass directly?

Robert Walters
03-10-2011, 8:57 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fgizmo.com.mx%2FPhotobrasi ve.html&sl=es&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Mike Null
03-10-2011, 11:19 AM

That's exactly what it is.

Nikhil Patel
03-14-2011, 5:29 AM
Thanks for your help that was just what i was looking for. I wanted to use it as an alternative to LiquaMask, as i wanted to engrave onto something and use Rub N Buff to colour fill the engraving, but because the surface was quite rough the Rub N Buff was hard to remove from around the engraving.

Thanks for your help

Robert Walters
03-14-2011, 9:08 AM

That's exactly what it is.

So, did you order some yet?

David Takes
03-14-2011, 9:52 AM
Laser tapes or laser masks for sandblasting are most commonly made of a material (polyester) that is PVC-free. The manufacturers know that PVC is a major issue for laser engraving, so they formulate these tapes without it. Ikonics Imaging (Photobrasive) does have a distributor in the UK, and I am sure there are other suppliers who offer a similar product. I personally use Lazer's Edge mask from Specialty Tapes.

Mike Null
03-14-2011, 11:39 AM

I use another material which to avoid debate I will not mention.

Since I do not have a rotary device I engrave mine flat and then transfer to bottles or glasses.;)

paul mott
03-14-2011, 11:54 AM

Now you have half of us wondering just what you do use :confused:


Mike Null
03-14-2011, 11:58 AM
V-v-v-vi-vin. Darn I just can't get it out.

Dan Hintz
03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
V-v-v-vi-vin. Darn I just can't get it out.
<Whoop> <Whoop> Warning! Warning! Someone is about to mention the 'V' word. Please don your flame suits immediately! <Whoop> <Whoop> :D