PDA

View Full Version : Wixey

Josh Bowman
03-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I bought a Wixey remote display for my Bench Dog router table. I kept having issues with the display not working well with a dial indicator. I emailed Wixey and Barry Wixey himself guided me through the process of adjusting it.
To test his results I zeroed the centerline of my lock miter bit and only used the Wixeys display to raise the center line of the bit to the certerline of the stock. The resulting joint was dead on!
BTW installation could not have been easier. Two screws! Of course unless you luck out, you'll have to drill holes for them, but the Wixey comes with that bit.

Bruce Wrenn
03-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Barry Wixey is nothing less than first class. I had a problem with an older piece of his equipment, and he walked me through the needed repair.

Bill Huber
03-09-2011, 11:10 PM
+2 on Barry, he is a class act if there ever was one.

I do have the RDR and used it and lot and liked it very much, I do not have it on the router table at this time because I redid my table but I do miss it and need to get it back on.

Rick Potter
03-10-2011, 2:07 AM
I have the angle guage, and it works great. My one complaint is that it eats batteries. It came with two, and after using it about 10 times over a 6 month period, they are both dead. It takes flat batteries, which are a bit costly.

Rick Potter

Cary Falk
03-10-2011, 2:17 AM
I have the angle guage, and it works great. My one complaint is that it eats batteries. It came with two, and after using it about 10 times over a 6 month period, they are both dead. It takes flat batteries, which are a bit costly.

Rick Potter

I have been buying all of my flat batteries for my measuring stuff on E-bay. You can get like 10 batteries for $5 sometimes.

Bruce Wrenn
03-11-2011, 9:43 AM

Rick PotterBatteries are three for a buck at Dollar Tree. That's where I buy mine. My first one liked batteries, but not as much as my HF digital caliper did. Notice I said did, as I replaced it with a new one from HF. Mentioned the battery problem to store manager. He said bring it back. I reminded him that I had had it for a couple of years. He reminded me that SKU on current purchase was the same as SKU on old one. Took his advice and replaced old one.

Richard Dooling
03-12-2011, 2:37 PM
My understanding is that the Wixey is always on if there is a battery in it so I remove the battery when not in use. Turning off the display conserves power but there is still battery drain.

I don't use mine much at all though, and this would probably be more inconvenient for others.

Alan Heffernan
03-12-2011, 3:09 PM
My vote of great customer service and communication from Barry Wixey. I have sent him emails about future developments in the past and he emailed back very promptly with a thoughtful response. His products are good. I just installed his gauge on a 20" Powermatic planer and it works very well.