PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0715P Table Saw Alignment Problems

David Pearson
03-09-2011, 8:53 PM
I had a Delta contractors table saw and thought I would upgrade to a nicer saw. Boy was I mistaken! I'm ready to ship this thing back to Grizzly. Three times now I have adjusted the trunnion to parallel and each time it will stay aligned for a cut or two, then the back cocks in about 1/32 of an inch. It's a kickback waiting to happen. The first two times I thought that I might have knocked it out of alignment when I was tightening the bolts or I didn't tighten them enough, but this last time I paid attention to everything and made sure it was all lined up and tight. Worked great for two or three cuts then the back of the blade started riding the inside of the cut. I checked it and sure enough, the dang thing was out of alignment again. I took a piece of scrap wood and a mallet and gave the trunnion a few whacks to see if I could get it back in line, but it wouldn't budge. Can't understand how it is drifting out of alignment when the trunnion is screwed on so tight that I can't even whack it back into place with a mallet. Anyone have any idea what might be going on here, other than bad craftsmanship?

David Pearson
03-09-2011, 9:01 PM
And to top it off, Grizzly tech support is only available until 6PM!! Arrrgh.

scott spencer
03-09-2011, 9:27 PM
It's possible that the trunnion washers and/or bolts are soft enough that they've gotten a little deformed and are pulling the trunnion assembly back out of alignment. If all else is good with the saw, you might consider upgrading those bolts and washers to better grade metal.

Hopefully this will pass with a happy ending. Good luck!

Steve Schoene
03-09-2011, 9:50 PM
The 0715 saw is not a cabinet saw. It is a hybrid, which is a contractor saw in an enclosed cabinet. Even so, it should hold alignment better than that.

David Pearson
03-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Steve - you should be happy to know that I edited the post to take the word "Cabinet" out. I can't believe I wrote that. Thanks for setting me straight.

David Pearson
03-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the reply Scott. It's nice to get constructive replies.