PDA

View Full Version : Gloatable...

Harold Burrell
03-09-2011, 5:00 PM
OK...here's the story...

I see this guy's ad on CL listing cherry lumber for $1.50 BF. I respond to the ad. He calls me, we set up a time.

As it turns out, the day I was to meet him we get socked with a nasty snowstorm. I go anyway. I called the guy while I was enroute just to make sure he was still going to be there and he was blown away that I was still coming. He told me that he would "make it worth my while" since I was so dedicated.

As it turned out...I bought 150 BF...for $150.

I know...I know...I suck. ;)

Bob Rossi
03-09-2011, 5:08 PM
No pictures.... it didn't happen.

david brum
03-09-2011, 6:26 PM
Great story. I recently got a similar deal on Madrone at a local sawmill. They guy wanted it gone and just kept adding to the pile. 150 bf is a LOT of wood for the average amateur, enough for lots of projects. I think I counted 32 asst width 8-10ft boards. I chuckled because I've spent that much for enough to carry out in my arms at our local boutique hardwood dealer.

Mike Archambeau
03-09-2011, 8:55 PM

No way. It did not happen.

Mike Cruz
03-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I don't see any wood...

gary Zimmel
03-09-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm thinking thats why Harold only paid $150 for it....

Bill Huber
03-09-2011, 11:23 PM
I will have to say you suck.... but wait, I don't see anything myself, no picture, it didn't happen.
That's the law....

Harold Burrell
03-10-2011, 7:47 AM

OK...I see how it is...

I will post a pic of the lumber asap. In the meantime, you can have a picture of me in my lovely princess tiara at my granddaughter's B-Day party.

:p

(I'll bet you don't ask me for pictures again for a while!)

Mike Archambeau
03-10-2011, 7:56 AM
OK...I see how it is...

I will post a pic of the lumber asap. In the meantime, you can have a picture of me in my lovely princess tiara at my granddaughter's B-Day party.

:p

(I'll bet you don't ask me for pictures again for a while!)

OK that picture makes me think that what it depicts actually DID happen. But the expression on your face makes me think you wish it didn't. What we won't do for our children!

Mike Cruz
03-10-2011, 8:38 AM
Ok, pic...it THAT DID happen... maybe shouldn't have, but it did.