PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here know of a good executive recruiter?

Jason White
03-09-2011, 1:47 PM
Well, I'm looking for a new job. :o

I live in the greater Boston area. Do any of my fellow "Creekers" here work as an executive recruiter or know a good one?

Jason

Ken Fitzgerald
03-09-2011, 1:49 PM
Jason,

You do know this forum is open to the Google bots.....anything said here can be found by anyone who wants to search.....

The Lumberyard however, cannot be reached by the "Bots".

Steven DeMars
03-09-2011, 2:14 PM
Ken,
Good thing you have a level head and delete all my "off topic" comments . . . . :-)

Steve

Jason White
03-09-2011, 2:21 PM
Hi Ken. I'm more than happy to get "found!"

Thanks, Jason

Ken Fitzgerald
03-09-2011, 2:23 PM
No problem Jason. There were some cases in the past where folks were posting here, saying things and then realized their employers could view it.

Just trying to protect you if necessary:D!

Jason White
03-09-2011, 2:30 PM
Much appreciated. Thanks again!

Jason

Steven DeMars
03-09-2011, 9:09 PM
Those sneaky GOOGLE people . . . I think the same applies to FaceBook . . . I have never ventured there . . . I better stay away . . . .

I do know a guy that works as an engineer that had uploaded pictures somewhere of his girl friend that re-appeared almost a year after he took them down. He said they were only up for a few hours before he realized how stupid it was . . . I'm sure he is still paying for the mistake . . . he is now married to her . . .

But thanks for the heads up Ken . . .

Steve :-)

Oh, just a suggestion . . . have a friend contact a few of the perspective companies HR departments & pose that question to them . .

"Hi, I have just relocated to the area & I was curious if you could suggest a few headhunters that tend to work well with this industry"

It worked for me a couple of times . . . I'm working . .

No problem Jason. There were some cases in the past where folks were posting here, saying things and then realized their employers could view it.

Just trying to protect you if necessary:D!

Dave Ogren
03-09-2011, 9:22 PM
Jason,

Here is a great one: Moffitt International
3182 Sweeten Creek Rd.
Asheville, NC 28803

(828) 651-8550
Depending what catagory you or their market is they place people all over the country and beyond.

Give them a call and tell them what you do. The person who usually answers the phone is Jessica Feel free to use my name. I own the property next door.

Good Luck,

Dave

Phil Thien
03-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Good luck in your quest, Jason. I hope your dream position finds you, and fast!

John Coloccia
03-10-2011, 2:22 AM
Well, I'm looking for a new job. :o

I live in the greater Boston area. Do any of my fellow "Creekers" here work as an executive recruiter or know a good one?

Jason

Are you by chance electro-optics, semicon, or anything of that nature? If so, check out Lou Rudzinsky. www.lra.com.

Dan Hintz
03-10-2011, 6:10 AM
If you want recruiters on your tail, add your resume to LinkedIn, open it for public view, sit back and watch the carnage. I'm tired of getting recruiters asking to be my "friend" just so they can access my "friend" list. The latest guy actually told me that's why he wanted to be friends... he didn't say anything about me being an interest, but he wanted to increase his resume pool. At least he was honest... but I still hit 'ignore'.

Larry Frank
03-10-2011, 8:44 PM
Good luck with your job search.

A number of years ago before I retired, someone told me that it is always good to keep a resume up to date and to find a good recruiter that you can trust. The important word is trust. It is just one of those things that is nice to have just in case.

I really never had the opportunity to use one but it has come in useful after I retired and looking for some consulting work.

Steve Costa
03-10-2011, 9:02 PM
Google "Executive Recuriters" & select those that specialize in your profession & are local to your area.

Dan Hintz
03-11-2011, 7:04 AM
I also routinely check the job sites that cater to my field... like Dice (though it's not what it used to be). CareerBuilder, Monster, TheLadders, etc. are okay, but they're not specialized. TheLadders is nice when you're in the $100k+ salary range as that's all they list... it saves a lot of weeding of the jobs who want someone like you, but only want to pay for someone at McDonald's.

John Coloccia
03-11-2011, 7:16 AM
TheLadders is nice when you're in the $100k+ salary range as that's all they list... it saves a lot of weeding of the jobs who want someone like you, but only want to pay for someone at McDonald's.

That's sorta' right, but they're not that good at it. They list jobs that they think could be in the 100K+ range, but don't actually check that they are. It's become a disorganized and unreliable mess, just like all the others I'm afraid. It never hurts to try, though. I've personally never gotten a job through any of those sites, though I have hired people from those sites but not directly, though. It's always a recruiter who's found a resume through a site that then hooks us up, so it's a good way to get your resume out to recruiters.

It's really difficult to find a reliable recruiter, job site or anything else these days. If you find a good one, keep the relationship going as they're like gold these days.

Jason White
03-11-2011, 1:08 PM
Thanks for all of the advice, guys! I'm easy to find on LinkedIn, so at least I've got that covered.

Jason White