PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Pearl Ex Powder

Bob Bergstrom
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I've been playing with a product called Pearl Ex Powders. It is like aniline dye but pearlescent. It can be used dry, mixed with water, alcohol, lacquer, or oil. It is also used in eye shadow. I found some really interesting tutorials by women using it for scrap booking. I applied it on this bowl with a small dry paint brush and crumpled up saran wrap. It all starts with coat of black primer, followed by layers of various dry powders.using the brush or crumpled up saran wrap. Each color is followed by a coat of clear lacquer to adhere the powder to the surface. The darker colors go on first and lighter on top. The last two pictures I am trying to show the dichromic effect of the pearl. It can be purple, blue or some shades of red, violent.

John Keeton
03-08-2011, 10:05 PM
I like this, Bob!! Classy looking. Much better than glitter, BTW.

Jim Burr
03-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Wow!!! Those colors look great Bob!! I have a great sample pack with about 30 colors for casting blanks. Could be a new idea...or theft of thought!!

Bob Bergstrom
03-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Have fun with it. I will always share any ideas or techniques here at the creek. That's what makes this such a great place.

Bernie Weishapl
03-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Bob that is really nice looking. I really like that color. Really a cool effect.

Jeff Myroup
03-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Looks great Bob. Wish I would be there to see it Monday