PDA

View Full Version : Major Weekend Gloat

Scott Coffelt
01-23-2005, 6:49 PM
A two weeks ago my 5 year old son asked if we could go see the Monster Trucks, specifically the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Truck. So being a cool dad, I checked online and ordered tickets for today's show. It was my first time too, so dad was slightly excited... OK, I was looking forward to it.

Today came and he was chumpin' at the bit to get going, so off we went. I thought I had pretty good sits, but didn't realize how good... cause the rows can be misleading depending on the event. Anyways, we were center arena in row 4 on the end. Perfect for a 5 year old.

I'd not taken my digital to a sporting event yet, so it was a little trial and error. The lighting was poor thus making the camera delay much longer than I was used to. Did get some good ones, but the dust and smoke made many pics cloudy, though sharp. Here is a little action and a pic with his driver of choice (TMNT) and the main attraction (Grave Digger).

Sure beats all my tool gloats by a mile.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-23-2005, 7:54 PM
COOL! All boys (I mean men) love big trucks!! :)

Glad you had fun!

Kent Cori
01-23-2005, 8:09 PM
I remember when I took my then 12 year old son to his first monster truck bash. He still talks about it occasionally and he's now 27. I bet your son will too Scott.

Steve Clardy
01-23-2005, 8:13 PM
Cool. Bet you son had FUN!!!!

Jerry Clark
01-23-2005, 9:05 PM
I took my son many years ago to the Monster Truck show at Anaheim Statium. The seats were not assigned so when we saw seats on the front row we grabbed them-- When the show started we found out why no one sat there-- Lots of dirt and scary being so close.