PDA

View Full Version : Interlocking Monogram font

Mike Mackenzie
03-08-2011, 8:36 PM
Does anyone have a interlocking monogram font that they could create 3 letters convert it to curves and save it as a corel file?

If so I would really appreciate it I have to engrave a glass with these three initials

m E r the E is in the center and larger than the M and R. I am not sure if they use upper and lower case when they do these.

Any help would be much appreciated I do not want to purchase the font to do one gift for my sister in law.

Dee Gallo
03-08-2011, 8:42 PM
Mike,

Why not just use a font you like, make the letters in the configuration you are after and then group> convert to curves> outline or fill as needed? Traditionally, you would use all CAPS for a monogram, but the font can vary from script with a lot of flourishes to a modern Deco. You can use envelope to shape it into a circle, for example, if you want that look.

cheers, dee

Mike Mackenzie
03-08-2011, 9:23 PM
Dee,

The boss (my wife) already vetoed my designs I know someone on here posted something similar That is why I am hoping someone has the font and can help me.

Ron Fairbanks
03-08-2011, 9:31 PM
pm me I may have what you need

Tony Lenkic
03-08-2011, 9:54 PM
Mike - This is from Xenetech. See if it will do.

Mike Null
03-09-2011, 4:53 AM
Mike

Here's one from Newing Hall.

Michael Hunter
03-09-2011, 5:50 AM
Look at haroldsfonts DOT com - they are pay-for, but might give some ideas for combining letters from normal fonts.

Mike Mackenzie
03-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks everyone! I am amazed with the responses I am sure the boss will go with one of these that you kind people have offered.

Robert Walters
03-09-2011, 1:21 PM
Mike,

You might be able to use a portion of the methods shown here to achieve what you want:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUG3_EVzcI4

I do find that the example given seems appropriate =)