PDA

View Full Version : Another Corel X4 question

john passek
03-08-2011, 7:58 PM
I tried a search but didn't find anything that helped.

I've been running the same computer and X4 program for over a year now with very little trouble, but now in the past few days every time I try to send a file to the laser it freezes when I hit the print button . I have to close it down, reopen and try again, sometimes it works and some times it goes on for several tries. ( I get a pop up that says windows is checking for a solution) but it never finds one.
I checked that the layout size was the same as in the print driver and there is no issues with the files.( it happens on many different files)
I have not changed any settings or downloaded any new softwear.

Hope someone can help.
I'm thinking I may have to reload Corel.

Thanks in advance
John

Mike Null
03-08-2011, 8:09 PM
John

I'm inclined to think this is a computer issue. Have you downloaded updates recently? Have you done pc maintenance recently to get rid of tainted or corrupt files?

Try gong back several days with a restore option to see if that solves the problem.

Robert Walters
03-08-2011, 8:27 PM
Close all applications and empty all temp files as well.
Try the "File Cleanup Utility"

Also, temporarily disable any anti-virus program and see if that makes a difference.

You don't say what version of "windows" you're using

john passek
03-09-2011, 3:43 AM
Thanks Mike
I thought about running system restore but since I have not made any changes didn't think it would work.
I guess an auto update could have done something to alter the system, I'll try that today.
Robert i'm running Vista 64 bit .
I have another LT with windows 7 64 bit and have been thinking maybe I'll set it up to run as a back up , see if it runs any better.

Chris Mahoney
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
I was having some problems with X4 the other day, but not related to sending print files. I just re-installed the software and it works fine now. there's a repair option in the setup menu that might help. If it doesn't then just re-install the software. If all that doesn't work, it's more than likely a computer issue. Perhaps your USB port could be bad (if your running it through USB).