PDA

View Full Version : Shop Cleaning Saga #3

Dick Wilson
03-08-2011, 8:30 AM
I AM DONE!!!
Tuesday morning. And yes, at the expense of derision my shop is too big. If it were smaller it would force me to address this whole issue more often. Unfortunately, I didn't find any turnings or other treasures under the piles of shavings. Well, at least I am good for another 6 months:eek::eek::D
Hope to have a couple of pics next week on work in progress

Greg Just
03-08-2011, 8:37 AM
How about some pictures of your clean shop?

Dick Wilson
03-08-2011, 8:55 AM
I AM DONE!!!
Tuesday morning. And yes, at the expense of derision my shop is too big. If it were smaller it would force me to address this whole issue more often. Unfortunately, I didn't find any turnings or other treasures under the piles of shavings. Well, at least I am good for another 6 months:eek::eek::D
Hope to have a couple of pics next week on work in progress

Sorry for poor pics, my flash just doesn't do much and I have some of the lights not in use to conserve. No, I do not work in a cave.

bob svoboda
03-08-2011, 9:01 AM
Wow. Your lathe was in the dark so long it turned WHITE!! Great looking shop.

CW McClellan
03-08-2011, 11:32 AM
You didn't dust the workbench off --

John Keeton
03-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Dick - can't be the same place!! I think you have taken pics of someone else's shop and pawned them off as yours!!!!

Tim Thiebaut
03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
You do have a very nice shop there. If it is to big for you, you could always throw up a dividing wall and make one end of it a dedicated dust free finishing room, I would love to have an area away from the shop itself like that, just a thought.

Steve Schlumpf
03-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Shop looks pretty good - well worth the effort!

Dick Wilson
03-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Dick - can't be the same place!! I think you have taken pics of someone else's shop and pawned them off as yours!!!!

:eek::eek: I went downstairs this morning with a cup of coffee and sleep still in my eyes. I almost ran up the stairs cuz I thought I was in someone's shop:D:D

Dick Wilson
03-08-2011, 12:47 PM
You do have a very nice shop there. If it is to big for you, you could always throw up a dividing wall and make one end of it a dedicated dust free finishing room, I would love to have an area away from the shop itself like that, just a thought.

Tim, As a mater of fact I do have a finishing room on other end of shop off to one side 10'x10' approx.

Dan Forman
03-08-2011, 2:22 PM
Dick, I took the liberty of turning the rest of the lights on. Don't you wish it would stay this clean? :D

Dick Wilson
03-08-2011, 3:16 PM
Dick, I took the liberty of turning the rest of the lights on. Don't you wish it would stay this clean? :D

Dan I don't know how you did that but thanks!!!! My dog didn't even bark once when you came in. By the way, I had already brushed off the bench before I started cleaning up around the lathe :-)))))

PS - It won't be clean like this for long. I am going to try copying your pics to my original post.

Faust M. Ruggiero
03-08-2011, 4:23 PM
Dick,
If you had known Dan could do such magic, yo could have had him clean the shop without you evening going down the steps.
faust

Bernie Weishapl
03-08-2011, 6:10 PM
Dick I got to the point I just haul chips out and don't worry about the rest. Looks pretty good to me.

charlie knighton
03-08-2011, 7:57 PM
Dick, i admire all the spring cleaning going on,

but the main thing i sweep is under my feet, and under the feet of my lathe (no, it does not have a name)

i just sort of sweep where i can reach with my broom, no compressed air, when my shop area is "cleaned" there are places i have not cleaned because i have not moved anything, course i do not teach or anything and as John says i only have to please myself

Dan Forman
03-08-2011, 8:37 PM
Dick,
If you had known Dan could do such magic, yo could have had him clean the shop without you evening going down the steps.
faust

Faust---You obviously have not seen MY shop! :D

Dan

John M. Smith
03-09-2011, 7:48 PM
With all this cleaning, are you going to have time to turn something before the next club meeting? Looking forward to seeing something new :)

John

Cathy Schaewe
03-09-2011, 8:26 PM
I always clean up after I'm done for the day, but your ongoing posts spurred me to a little more effort .... and I threw my back out on Saturday! I think I'll forget the dusting.:(

Dick Wilson
03-10-2011, 8:24 AM
I always clean up after I'm done for the day, but your ongoing posts spurred me to a little more effort .... and I threw my back out on Saturday! I think I'll forget the dusting.:(

Cathy, When you move the lathe to clean the floor you have to remember to keep your back straight and lift with the knees.;) I certainly hope you don't blame me for what happened. Hope you get better real soon.

Dan Forman
03-10-2011, 2:32 PM
Cathy---For dusting just use the air hose - it should be on a cart so you can pull it all over the house...:D

Dan