PDA

View Full Version : Shaper Gloat?

Larry Fox
03-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I am working on another kitchen and was looking into maybe buying a shaper to do the doors instead of doing them on my router table that I have never really been happy with. Some may remember the thread below (thanks to all who replied).

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?160487-Shaper-use-without-power-feeder

Well a fellow Creeker pointed me towards a CL search page that covered Philly, DE and South Jersey. One looked interesting and I emailed and the guy still had it and I could come and look at it any time but it gets better -- it was brand new. Guy bought it about 5-years ago with ambitions of restoring an old house and ran out of gas after the first floor and never got aroud to using it. I went to look at it and turns out he also bought quite a number of goodies along with it. Namely a power feeder and sliding table - all still in the boxes. After a bit of back and forth we agreed to a "package" price that was a very steep discount to new but was one we both walked away happy with.

It is a Grizzley G1026 3hp. I have never had a green machine before but general reviews seem positive. We will see. Fence not completely assembled yet but I have all the parts.

Anyway, I rented a truck and 3-days later my brother and I went and lugged it out of his basement and to my shop. It was pretty dirty looking but in reality it was dried cosmoline. A few days of elboe grease and setup time and the result is below.

michael case
03-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Uh..... drool, uh... pant, Uh... You suck! Real nice find dude!