PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
03-07-2011, 9:28 PM
7 Mar 2011
Good Evening,

Yup, I'm REALLY late with this one, but I have a very good reason. Took off Friday for Alabama to visit with my parents and get some stuff done for them around their house, visit with my oldest son on his 21st birthday and to talk things over with my Dad's in-home health care provider.

Needless to say that my weekend has been spent with strict focus on my parents and their needs/desires. I am very thankful that I could be there for them.

Brought my MIL back with me and she will be here for the next 2 weeks helping the LOML make the LOML Jr's wedding dress.

Spent a lot of the weekend on the road....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ruhi Arslan
03-07-2011, 9:38 PM
I was in the woods... :D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-07-2011, 9:50 PM
Spent Saturday finishing a wooden crate for a project, glued up and turned my first 3 darts.

Sunday....watched NASCAR and delivered some darts to my oldest son.

Joe Shinall
03-07-2011, 11:45 PM
Spent the weekend trying to figure out what I can move out of my "tool shop" into my "lumber storage and finishing area shop" to make some extra room so I can get my shop setup the way I want. Yeah, this will never get done...

Matt Meiser
03-08-2011, 7:56 AM
Our 10th Anniversary was last week so we took LOMLjr to Grandma's and went on a mini-getaway to Ann Arbor on Saturday. LOML wanted to go to the mall, we caught a movie, had a good dinner and spent the night up there, which was good since we got 3" of snow starting about 4:00. Sunday we had brunch and stopped at Lowes and Home Depot to look at porch columns and railings since we need to replace those this spring.

Only shop-related thing was picking up a new PC for my shop since Staples had a decent small form factor HP on sale for about what I could buy something used for. The old one is a is 8 years old, is making weird noises, and has a card reader that randomly stops working until I pop the cover, unplug it, and plug it back in.

Troy Turner
03-08-2011, 8:54 AM
The boys had a Tae Kwon Do tourney about an hour away! Spent all day Sat there. They enjoyed it and brought home some good hardware :) Sunday, started on our corner computer desk. Man I love pocket holes :D

Anthony Whitesell
03-08-2011, 9:08 AM
I do/did the same but different. Too much snow still for the season to start around here. This is one of my competitors (for some reason, I don't seem to have a picture of me). Here he is. Doing a cool 60-80mph, laying down, 2" off the ground, not strapped in. It's the best ride in the world.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control (ie., the track raised prices soooo high we can't afford track time) it's been a while since I have been a to partake.

Personally, I installed a new kitchen floor this weekend. A project in the works for the past month that is now almost finished. Just need to repaint and reinstall the baseboard trim.

BOB OLINGER
03-08-2011, 9:12 AM
I continued on our project of upgrading baseboards and door casings in our home. I previously purchased and ripped down about 1/2 of the stock needed (red oak). This past weekend was devoted to running the stock through the thickness planer and moulding machine. I hit an unexpected snag with the moulding machine as the stock wouldn't feed nor cut cleanly. A bit flustered, I emailed tim@customouldingknives.com for any suggestions he might provide. This was on Saturday when most companies are shut down and unreachable. Never-the-less, I got an email back with some suggestions that turned the situation around and had good success. I've gotten nothing but great tips from Tim along with great products and fast service. So, if you ever need custom knives, put him at the top of the list.

John Sanford
03-08-2011, 3:37 PM
Built a garage storage unit for a friend, put my new sawponies to use busting down a piece of plywood for a printer stand project for another friend, built a little dolly for the sawponies, and used my "in progress" CMS station for the first time. It was SOOOO nice to just plop an 8' long 2x4 up there and cut 16" off of it, all the while not worrying about an unsupported end. I definitely should have built the upgrades years ago.

Rod Sheridan
03-08-2011, 3:47 PM
I grouted the tiles and moved the coffee table to the living room.

I also had someone come over to test drive my Hammer A3-31 lointer/planer......Regards, Rod.