PDA

View Full Version : Another photo printing question

Rick Moyer
03-07-2011, 8:28 PM
I want to maybe get some digital pictures I took enlarged. Maybe 20x24 or thereabouts. Anyone have this done and where do you recommend?
I have a friend that had some done and he sent them away but I don't know where.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-07-2011, 8:43 PM
Rick,

I don't know if you have a Costco nearby or if you are a member but the LOML who is an amateur photographer has a lot of prints made there and they can do enlargements and some pretty special projects too. Check out their services at their website http://www.costcophotocenter.com/gifts/gift_landing.aspx?q=1o,hth0xcnot,j2OVStqj_nX2dxssq KvBHnFp7QyZxas- .

She has an account with them....uploads the photos via the internet and picks them up a couple hours later. They have good quality and are reasonable.

Dave Lehnert
03-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I use to take care of photo processing for a retailer. Not sure what is going on now vs a year or two ago. The photo processing bizz was getting very consolidated because of the digital age. There were only like two places that were doing processing and enlargements. So it did not matter what store you dropped off your prints for enlargement, They were all going to one of two places. At our store the delivery drivers would meet in the parking lot each morning and sort out all the stores (not just our brand but other retailers as well) for delivery.
Of course if the place has an in store lab, this would not be the case. Just make sure they will process it there. Enlargements the size you're looking for is most often sent out.

Bryan Morgan
03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I want to maybe get some digital pictures I took enlarged. Maybe 20x24 or thereabouts. Anyone have this done and where do you recommend?
I have a friend that had some done and he sent them away but I don't know where.

If you want a bigger print and want it to last have it done with a laser device. Something like a LightJet. It basically uses traditional photo process and exposes photographic media with an RGB laser system. The media is the processed the normal way with a dark room and chemicals. We have these at work as well as giant ink jet type printers and nothing can touch the LightJet. The prints aren't cheap though.

sunny nic
03-08-2011, 1:25 AM
If you want a bigger print and want it to last have it done with a laser device. Something like a LightJet. It basically uses traditional photo process and exposes photographic media with an RGB laser system. The media is the processed the normal way with a dark room and chemicals. We have these at work as well as giant ink jet type printers and nothing can touch the LightJet. The prints aren't cheap though.
yup, a little expensive actually.