PDA

View Full Version : Allergies: The cure is found

Mike Archambeau
03-07-2011, 5:33 PM
OK folks. Been fighting allergies for some time. Since I work with wood I suspected that it was wood dust.

Then all of a sudden the alleriges were gone. What changed? It turns out that the conditioner that I used on my hair was making me ill. As soon as I stopped using it, the allergies were gone, the quality of my sleep improved, and as a result I have more energy to enjoy life.

I won't claim that it will work for you as well, but do give it a try. Be sure to go for clean sheets and pillow case if you try this, just to be sure there is none of the chemical soup on your pillow. Read the label on your conditioner bottle. Only a chemical engineer could love what goes into this toxic brew.

I hope it works for you if you suffer from allergies.

Oh one more thing, no need for any allergy meds any more, so more money can be devoted to.............................................

Joe Angrisani
03-07-2011, 6:00 PM
............................woodworking!

Matt Meiser
03-07-2011, 6:16 PM
I was going to guess beer. :D

Jason Roehl
03-07-2011, 6:32 PM
Ironically, Matt, neither my dad nor my brother drink much beer anymore due to allergies. Hops are flowers, so... As for me, I have many of the same allergies they do, though they don't seem to be intense, and when it comes to beer, well...a few sniffles aren't going to keep me from partaking.

As for wood dust, if anyone has problems with it, get a neti pot and use it after every woodworking session where you're exposed to any significant amount of dust or other above-normal levels of airborne particles or fumes. Heck, use it twice a day regardless, you wouldn't believe the difference. My sister's doctor put it this way: "You wash the outside of your body all the time, don't you?"

Montgomery Scott
03-07-2011, 7:55 PM
There are guys that use conditioner?

Mike Archambeau
03-07-2011, 8:15 PM
Ironically, Matt, neither my dad nor my brother drink much beer anymore due to allergies. Hops are flowers, so... As for me, I have many of the same allergies they do, though they don't seem to be intense, and when it comes to beer, well...a few sniffles aren't going to keep me from partaking.

As for wood dust, if anyone has problems with it, get a neti pot and use it after every woodworking session where you're exposed to any significant amount of dust or other above-normal levels of airborne particles or fumes. Heck, use it twice a day regardless, you wouldn't believe the difference. My sister's doctor put it this way: "You wash the outside of your body all the time, don't you?"

I thoght about the beer and the neti pot. Then I rose up out of my chair to give this thing a try. It was a hoot but the beer in my nose made me sneeze. Maybe I misunderstood...................guess i'll try again on Tuesday......................

Mike Archambeau
03-07-2011, 8:29 PM
There are guys that use conditioner?

Well there used to be one. I thought about giving up soap too, but my 9 year old son said "Not a great idea Dad, Mom will not approve of that". Just then Mom sent the lad upstairs to get a bath.

fred marcuson
03-07-2011, 8:49 PM
well i've got the beer allergies :(
there are only a few i can drink . doesn't have anything to do with the hops , it is something in the manufacturing /filtering process . but the good side is anything brewed by 'german brewing standards' i can drink without an instant migraine :)

Mike Archambeau
03-08-2011, 7:55 AM
Have you tried red wine, I hear it is divine?

Chris Rosenberger
03-08-2011, 8:08 AM
well i've got the beer allergies :(
there are only a few i can drink . doesn't have anything to do with the hops , it is something in the manufacturing /filtering process . but the good side is anything brewed by 'german brewing standards' i can drink without an instant migraine :)

I had a similar problem. I discovered it was gluten that caused the problem. Gluten is in wheat, barley & rye. It is very hard to stay gluten free. It is in almost everything.

Bob Rossi
03-08-2011, 8:37 AM
I recently switched from using anti-bacterial soap in the shower to hand made soap I buy from a lady at the local farmer''s market. My allergy symptoms have decreased dramatically in the two weeks since I have switched.

Phil Thien
03-08-2011, 8:46 AM
I had a similar problem. I discovered it was gluten that caused the problem. Gluten is in wheat, barley & rye. It is very hard to stay gluten free. It is in almost everything.

My mother and one of my daughters have Celiacs, so they can't eat anything with gluten.

And the thing that amazes me about gluten is the products it shows up in where you just wouldn't think you'd find it.

fred marcuson
03-08-2011, 9:01 AM
Have you tried red wine, I hear it is divine?
love wine , but it doesn't love me ..
sulfites ...:(
same thing couple of sips = migraine

Bonnie Campbell
03-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I recently switched from using anti-bacterial soap in the shower to hand made soap I buy from a lady at the local farmer''s market. My allergy symptoms have decreased dramatically in the two weeks since I have switched.

My late husband was a MD, and he told me to NEVER use anti-bacterial soap except on my hands. It kills off the beneficial bacteria your body needs.

Jason Roehl
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Bonnie, I think as a culture, we're obsessed with unnecessary sanitation, from bleaching everything in sight to popping antibiotics for every sniffle, and it's all going to come home to roost sometime. We're already seeing some of the fruit of this approach with the so-called "super germs" that are resistant to virtually every antibiotic known to man. Due to this thread, I may talk to my wife about re-thinking some of what we do around the house...

ray hampton
03-08-2011, 1:14 PM
can you mention the conditioner name

Pat Germain
03-09-2011, 5:52 PM
Mike, was the hair conditioner giving you hay-fever symptoms? Or were you getting some other kind of reaction?

Every summer I suffer from terrible hay-fever allergies. Numerous flushes with a Neti-Pot helps some, but nothing else does. I've gone through almost every drug available from my doctor. They work for a few days, then they don't work anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to some kind of pollen; probably ragweed or something similar.