PDA

View Full Version : A big Lefty Thanks to Lee Valley!

Bob Jones
03-07-2011, 12:09 AM
I just wanted to thank Lee Valley for offering lefty products. Keep making and I will keep buying! They can not be making as much $$$ on the lefty versions, but they don't charge any more. How great! I have 1 lefty shotgun and it literally cost double the regular right hand version. Lee Valley is great for offering these at the same price. SO THANK YOU!

Anybody need a Record 044? I have a nice one that I don't need anymore. :)

I have not tuned them yet, but I will be soon. It should not take long! FYI - The rods on the plow and skew planes are the same size.

Jim Neeley
03-07-2011, 1:19 AM
I'm right there with you, Bob.. As a lefty whose stable (8) of planes are to date all LV, rounding out my collection with the lefty-specific models are high on my list!! :)

Don Dorn
03-07-2011, 7:10 AM
I just wanted to thank Lee Valley for offering lefty products. Keep making and I will keep buying! They can not be making as much $$$ on the lefty versions, but they don't charge any more. How great! I have 1 lefty shotgun and it literally cost double the regular right hand version. Lee Valley is great for offering these at the same price. SO THANK YOU!

Anybody need a Record 044? I have a nice one that I don't need anymore. :)

I have not tuned them yet, but I will be soon. It should not take long! FYI - The rods on the plow and skew planes are the same size.

While I'll admit that I could have been the weak link, I bought one (RH) and couldn't keep it registered without creep. I tried several times to raise a panel with one and couldn't keep the blade from creeping inward. I ended up sending it back and getting a Record 778 which solved the issue for me. Too bad because I have three LV planes (and some other smaller tools) and love them - just couldn't get that one to cooperate. I won't deny its quality build.

Jim Paulson
03-07-2011, 8:55 AM
Nice bench Bob! Hey is that chip carving on the top front edge? Really cool!

Jim

Andrew Gibson
03-07-2011, 9:33 AM
Lee Valley is great. I want to get all 3 of those planes in righty at some point. I'm a righty but shoot lefty... left eye dominant. One day I hope to own a lefty shotgun. however I am pretty good with a righty gun lefty. I've yet to get hit with hot shells in the face yet, fingers crossed.

Jim Neeley
03-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Lee Valley is great. I want to get all 3 of those planes in righty at some point. I'm a righty but shoot lefty... left eye dominant. One day I hope to own a lefty shotgun. however I am pretty good with a righty gun lefty. I've yet to get hit with hot shells in the face yet, fingers crossed.

That's me, Andrew... I've been shooting left with right-handed guns so long that it feels natural.. unlike the occasional lefty I've tried..