PDA

View Full Version : More fun with bird houses.

Jeff Fagen
03-06-2011, 11:55 PM
One is cherry with a cedar roof and walnut finial 2 1/2 X 8
finished with BLO and shellac.
The other is box elder with an oak roof,trying out some wood dye 2 1/4 X 5 1/2.
A guy at the club told me they were to large to sell but I have an order for four and I gave one as a gift that was well received.
Just a cranky guy from Elk Mound trying to have fun. :D

Steve Schlumpf
03-07-2011, 12:13 AM
I really like all the color! Sure grabs your attention! Never listen to someone telling you something won't sell! I've run into a few of those types also. Just because something didn't sell for them has nothing to do with your turnings or market! Have fun with it and sell lots!

Bernie Weishapl
03-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Jeff I like those houses. The contrasting wood really sets them off. I do agree with Steve and I wouldn't listen to people who tell you they won't sell. I had a guy (another turner) at a craft fair a year or so ago asked why I made so many small birdhouses because they would never sell. I sold about 30 of them and he sold two pens both days. So just goes to show you that you already have a order for 4 and probably will sell many more.

Donny Lawson
03-07-2011, 6:06 PM
Nice little houses. I still would like to try these. Just cannot find time right now. It's on my to-do list though. I like the roof design on the second one.