PDA

View Full Version : Lab disappeared this morning!

Glenn Clabo
01-23-2005, 6:13 AM
Our two labs were crazy thrilled this morning when I let them out for their morning romp. Shelby was the first to jump off the deck...and promptly disappeared! All you could see was a disturbance as she plowed her when out. She’s a black field lab so she’s tall and able to surface out in the yard after getting through the drift. Our yellow just followed the plow line. This ranks as one of the worse snows I've seen...and it's still coming down!

Doug Shepard
01-23-2005, 8:12 AM
My Aussie/Chow mix normally LIVES for the cold outside. Due to her thick fur, she overheats easily if she's anywhere near a heat register inside and can't wait to get outside. Ever since this stuff started Friday night, she takes one look outside and turns around at the door. You just know it's bad when she doesn't want any part of it.

Steve Ash
01-23-2005, 8:39 AM
My wifes lab Sadie loves in out in the snow, playing in the big drifts. My lab Honey-Behr could care less, she goes outside does her business then wants back in usually to lay down in the middle of the living room. Kind of a contrast since my wife is the indoor person and her lab likes it outside, and I'm an outdoor person whose lab prefers it inside.....except when it's time to go duck hunting.:)

Lou Morrissette
01-23-2005, 10:13 AM
Glenn,

Aint this fun?:eek: We've got about 24" on the flat with 4' drifts. The wind is incredible here in East Falmouth. Lost power for about 1 hour but came back on. The prediction is for 36" with winds gusting to 70mph + this afternoon. Hang in there bud.:D

Jim Becker
01-23-2005, 12:11 PM
I think we were spared a bit...I just got done plowing and we only got about a foot of light fluffy snow. But the wind is kicking up so it's going to be "drift city" before too long.

Brian Austin
01-23-2005, 1:15 PM
I'm trying to decide if I'm going to wear jeans or shorts today. Sunny and 74...but there is a light breeze. :D

Glenn Clabo
01-23-2005, 1:57 PM
Brian,
You sound like my son at Luke AFB. But I've lived and been to a whole lot of places from Greece to HI and still like it here the best. A few days sitting beside a fire in the winter beats wearing kelvar gloves so you can touch your plane all summer.

Jeff Sudmeier
01-23-2005, 7:59 PM
My Siberian Husky has been out playing in the snow all day! He is loving it!

Steve Clardy
01-23-2005, 8:18 PM
Wheew. Yea. Been watching the tube. You guys up there been getting hammered.
Just cold here. No snow.

Gary Herrmann
01-26-2005, 11:05 AM
also go nuts in the snow. We can't even have a decent snow ball fight because they want to retrieve then eat the snowballs. Trying to make a snowman with my son can be real adventure. The dogs turn into linebackers and try to tackle the snowman.