PDA

View Full Version : Earl Plate- Finished

Jeff Myroup
03-06-2011, 1:26 PM
Some of you have been following the progress of the Earl Plate over the past week. It is now finished with exception of a few more coats of lacquer and buffing. He will be shipped out later in the week. for those of you who have not been following: The plate is 12" hard maple with ebony and maple inlay. The image is burned and oil pencil was used for color.

David E Keller
03-06-2011, 1:28 PM
That's another great looking piece, Jeff. I'll bet the new owners will love it.

Jeff Myroup
03-06-2011, 1:31 PM
That's another great looking piece, Jeff. I'll bet the new owners will love it.

Thank you. The owner has been following the progress on FB. It is a birthday gift for her husband. She actually de-friended him and blocked him so he could not see the progress. He has no idea

Steve Schlumpf
03-06-2011, 2:13 PM
Jeff - beautiful plate! Love all the fine detail work and like it better than a photo! Your customer is going to love it! Thanks for sharing the progress photos!

Nate Davey
03-06-2011, 2:13 PM
Once again, a spectacular job Jeff. Your talent for art is enviable.

Tim Thiebaut
03-06-2011, 2:22 PM
You did a wonderful job on this, I have no doubt the husband will love this.

Mike Davis NC
03-06-2011, 2:54 PM
Wow, that really looks three dimensional. And you say it is burned? Not carved?

Jeff Myroup
03-06-2011, 3:18 PM
Thanks everyone.

Mike it is all burned, no carving :)

Mark Hubl
03-06-2011, 4:07 PM
Jeff,
That looks great. Nicely done.

Dick Wilson
03-06-2011, 4:26 PM
Some of you have been following the progress of the Earl Plate over the past week. It is now finished with exception of a few more coats of lacquer and buffing. He will be shipped out later in the week. for those of you who have not been following: The plate is 12" hard maple with ebony and maple inlay. The image is burned and oil pencil was used for color.

He is a handsome brute. Betcha he would drool over that plate

Donny Lawson
03-06-2011, 6:09 PM
I've been watching your progress on this one and I have to say. "You have alot of tallent" How many hours do you have in that? Thanks for sharing.

Jeff Myroup
03-06-2011, 6:35 PM
I've been watching your progress on this one and I have to say. "You have alot of tallent" How many hours do you have in that? Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Donny. To turn the plate and inlay it takes about 4 hours over the course of 2 days. I have about 14 hours or more in the burning. I did it over the course of 3 days. When I first started they took me around 20 hours to burn

He is a handsome brute. Betcha he would drool over that plate

Thanks Dick, my boy Angus drooled on it yesterday, I was worried it stain the wood LOL

Bob Bergstrom
03-06-2011, 7:47 PM
Hey Jeff maybe we can turn a 22" plate sometime so you wouldn't have to reduce the size of the dog's head. At over 200lbs. I could use one of those dogs to weight down my lathe when turning big stuff. Great job and thanks for showing us such wonderful work.

John W Dixon
03-06-2011, 9:09 PM
Jeff that turned out really nice. You truly do some amazing work!

John

Bernie Weishapl
03-06-2011, 9:48 PM
Beautiful piece Jeff. I do like the burning and color.