PDA

View Full Version : Examples, D-way beading tool

Ralph Lindberg
03-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Here are some handles I added beading to with Dave's beading tools. These are soft Maple

The smallest bead is the 1/16 tool

What they are, is handles for Wax Seal emblems, the people wanted them "busy", so...

John Keeton
03-06-2011, 1:24 PM
Ralph, some nice work! Looks like you burned the grooves between the grooves, too.

tony tomlinson
03-13-2011, 2:50 PM
Thanks for the photos Ralph. Is there much of a learning curve to using these Dways? . I have a set of Sorby beading tools and I can't seem to get the hang of using them. I keep "clipping" off the crown of the bead..These seem to be a different configuration than the Sorbys> Thanks for your thoughts.

Michael James
03-13-2011, 3:17 PM
Nice! Note to self: I really don't need beading tools...really. I mean it would be helpful in many regards for all sorts of projects, and even speed things up. I don't NEED them, yet they would save time and up my compentency some, but even though time is $$ do I need them? hmmmmmmmmmmm. OK, I want them. There I said it. D-way coming my way :o:p

Richard Madden
03-13-2011, 4:13 PM
Nice! Note to self: I really don't need beading tools...really. I mean it would be helpful in many regards for all sorts of projects, and even speed things up. I don't NEED them, yet they would save time and up my compentency some, but even though time is $$ do I need them? hmmmmmmmmmmm. OK, I want them. There I said it. D-way coming my way :o:p

I know what you mean, Michael. I took a homemade beading tool over to Jim Adkins the other day, but after watching Jim use the D-way's, I'm thinking an order with D-way is in my future.