PDA

View Full Version : Stress Relief

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Yesterday the BORG really screwed me up. I'm remodeling our kitchen and they were supposed to deliver the new counter tops at 9:00am. At 12:45 they finally showed up. One end of the bigger counter had the Formica chipped off. After some discussions over the phone, they said that they would call back. I was having nasty thoughts, so I went down to the shop.

A piece of Honey Locust has been waiting for me to do something with it, so I put it on the Lathe. Here is the result.

A jar that turns into a box.

Thanks for looking,

Bruce ;)

Ted Shrader
01-23-2005, 1:03 AM
Bruce -

What a great way to get out some frustrations. Looks great!

Ted

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks Tom. The late delivery and delay in coming up with a solution cost me a trip to the Indy WW Show. :mad:

Now, I'll go to the one in February in St Louis. :o

Bruce ;)

Michael Barry
01-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Nice job, Bruce. Makes me think you should find more ways to get increase your stress level. It's good for the creative flow!

Dick Parr
01-24-2005, 9:44 AM
Very nice Bruce!

Michael Stafford
01-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Very cool looking box, Bruce! :)

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-24-2005, 1:51 PM
Thanks folks.

Got to install the countertop Saturday, then............................ I HATE PLUMBING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent most of the day Sunday, but the plumbing is done and working with NO leaks!

Tearing up carpet today, so the installers don't charge me $4.00 a yrd to do it. Also, my son wants some pieces, so I have to cut them out of the existing.

Oh well, gettin' exercize!

Bruce